Torchwood HD DVD Group Import - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-14-2008, 12:57 PM

Torchwood HD DVD Group Import

Anyone interested in getting in on this group import and for any other movie Amazon UK might be selling at this time?

Please let me know.

The cost looks like it'll be around $80-85 depending on the number of people that get in.

Thanks,
Christopher

Last edited by christophles; 07-26-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:58 PM

Shipment Information

allargon - Order Confirmed - Paid in Full - Order Sent on 07/18/08 via USPS Priority Mail
Torchwood - Series 1 - Complete [HD DVD] [2006]

Boeing777 - Order Confirmed - Paid in Full - Order Sent on 07/22/08 via USPS Priority Mail

tormond - Order Confirmed - Paid in Full - Order Sent on 07/23/08 via USPS Priority Mail

satblaster - Order Confirmed - Paid in Full - Order Sent on 07/28/08 via USPS Priority Mail

Last edited by christophles; 07-26-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:10 PM

I'm interested. I hope you posted something similar on AVSForum (not the one in Europe) and highdefforum as well.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:56 PM

UGH. Unfortunately I went over to the dark side for this one {} as I used their 30% off deal. Felt like I needed a shower after ordering it on blu.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
UGH. Unfortunately I went over to the dark side for this one {} as I used their 30% off deal. Felt like I needed a shower after ordering it on blu.
DC - Where did you find Torchwood (in the format that dares not speak it's name in this forum ) at Warner Home Video? I couldn't find it listed, and haven't seen release info for Torchwood in the U.S..

Chris - Glad to see they have a listing for Torchwood back up at Amazon.co.uk. I had it pre-ordered there, but last week my pre-order was describing it as [HD DVD] [Blu-ray], and when I clicked it, it took me to the Blu-ray listing. So I canceled it, not wanted them to ship me a , even though I finally broke down & ordered a PS3 from SonyStyle.

But I thought there wasn't much advantage to a group buy from Amazon UK as they charge by item?
Old 06-14-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allargon View Post
I'm interested. I hope you posted something similar on AVSForum (not the one in Europe) and highdefforum as well.
I'm only keeping this group import to this forum only. I'll put you down for wanting one. The release date on season 1 is June 30th.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
DC - Where did you find Torchwood (in the format that dares not speak it's name in this forum ) at Warner Home Video? I couldn't find it listed, and haven't seen release info for Torchwood in the U.S..

Chris - Glad to see they have a listing for Torchwood back up at Amazon.co.uk. I had it pre-ordered there, but last week my pre-order was describing it as [HD DVD] [Blu-ray], and when I clicked it, it took me to the Blu-ray listing. So I canceled it, not wanted them to ship me a , even though I finally broke down & ordered a PS3 from SonyStyle.

But I thought there wasn't much advantage to a group buy from Amazon UK as they charge by item?
There probably isn't much advantage to a group order from there, but people might not want to use their credit card, etc. on there and I'm just here just in case.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:49 PM

I will really have to think about this one...If its on BD and not region coded I'll prolly go that route...$80+ is a lot of money for a Men In Black rip-off. Anyone ever see this show? http://youtube.com/watch?v=uwZUITi_u6M Might be better to wait untill the price eventually drops on this one.

decisions decisions
Old 06-14-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglalien View Post
I will really have to think about this one...If its on BD and not region coded I'll prolly go that route...$80+ is a lot of money for a Men In Black rip-off. Anyone ever see this show? http://youtube.com/watch?v=uwZUITi_u6M Might be better to wait untill the price eventually drops on this one.

decisions decisions
Well I will also offer if it does come out HD DVD and the price drops more then 1 GBP, then I would refund everyone who got in the price difference. Of course it can only be 30 days after ship date. Hopefully it gets cheaper before its released.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post

Its there on page 9. I'll pm you with the direct link so as to not crap on the thread.