Galapagos - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,950
Default Galapagos

Is there a difference between the UK version by the BBC and the version from Amazon US that is labeled IMAX Galapagos? I can't really find any reviews on this other than the video looks spectacular..just not if there is a difference between the two
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Liqwid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormond View Post
Is there a difference between the UK version by the BBC and the version from Amazon US that is labeled IMAX Galapagos? I can't really find any reviews on this other than the video looks spectacular..just not if there is a difference between the two
The American version is the BBC version. It should be just the same as the UK release.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,950
Default

Thanks. I thought that was the case I was just making sure while some folks in the UK still had the UK version on sale. Still cheaper to get it from Amazon domestically (and a LOT faster thanks to Prime) than to order it from the UK
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 184
Default

I just got the UK version yesterday if there's anything you want me to check out on it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj23 View Post
I just got the UK version yesterday if there's anything you want me to check out on it.
I see the U.K. version has different artwork - the U.S. release two seals swimming one under the other, while the U.K. version is a cliff overlooking the sea.

The specs on my U.S. version says:
1080p/16:9 aspect ratio, English stereo audio, runtime 150 min.

Does that match up with your U.K. version?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
I see the U.K. version has different artwork - the U.S. release two seals swimming one under the other, while the U.K. version is a cliff overlooking the sea.

The specs on my U.S. version says:
1080p/16:9 aspect ratio, English stereo audio, runtime 150 min.

Does that match up with your U.K. version?
1080i/16:9
english PCM stereo,
150 mins,
1xHD DVD 30

edit, oh, that's from the back of the cover, not checked the disc itself.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj23 View Post
1080i/16:9
english PCM stereo,
150 mins,
1xHD DVD 30

edit, oh, that's from the back of the cover, not checked the disc itself.
Yeah, my specs were from the back cover as well.

Thanks, sounds like the same content, just different artwork.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Galapagos does not work with my 360 drive Mr. Bigglesworth HD DVD Software General Discussion 13 10-07-2007 08:28 PM
Galapagos October 2 from BBC cloudy HD DVD Software General Discussion 5 07-06-2007 12:08 PM
Room With a View and Galapagos Added Glenmulder HD MOVIE SOURCE 0 07-02-2007 11:23 AM
Galapagos Announced for Blu-ray Ben Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 06-30-2007 01:27 PM
BBC Readying 'Galapagos,' 'Room with a View' for High-Def jed General Discussion: Both Formats 7 06-16-2007 09:59 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off