Best version of Underworld Evolution? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 AM

Default Best version of Underworld Evolution?

Which is the better version of UE, the Spanish or the Polish? I already have the Polish disc but I might add the Spanish version to my collection if it's better.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:55 AM

Both have DD+ audio and the video for the Polish version is listed as 1080i (I don't think it would make a difference PQ-wise even it that were the case). The Spanish version has more extras.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:16 AM

I think most people who have it, only have the Spanish version. I never heard of anybody having the Polish version before you Nipa.

How's the PQ on the Polish one? The Spanish one looks pretty sharp though I have only checked it a bit so far and didn't yet watch it through (I have seen it on DVD before). The forced Spanish subs are a bit annoying but luckily they can be removed with a special trick.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:42 AM

Forced Spanish subs? I thought English subs were available. Is this not the case, kannisto?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
Forced Spanish subs? I thought English subs were available. Is this not the case, kannisto?

There is a relatively simple trick about removing the Spanish subs posted either here or at AVS. You can search for it.

Sort of related.....the German UNDERWORLD I think is a must have. Watched the one I picked up from a local seller. The PQ is OUTSTANDING!! Not even gonna bother getting the Bluray.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
In the Spanish release? It does have forced Spanish subs with original English audio, but those are removable by the special trick. The trick is a bit extra work though and you need to do it accurately or it might not work.

I don't think it has English subs, at least not with the original English audio. I didn't try watching it with Spanish audio.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaPhil View Post
There is a relatively simple trick about removing the Spanish subs posted either here or at AVS. You can search for it.

Sort of related.....the German UNDERWORLD I think is a must have. Watched the one I picked up from a local seller. The PQ is OUTSTANDING!! Not even gonna bother getting the Bluray.
Xploited Cinema has those instructions on how to remove the subs on their entry for this disc. That's where I always find them when I need them:

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/un...e-p-11690.html

Their entry doesn't mention any English subs either.

As for Underworld, I have the Japanese and German versions and I think the Japanese is maybe even a little bit better than the German, but it's the theatrical cut and the German is the extended edition. I don't think the extra material is very important on this one though.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
Xploited Cinema has those instructions on how to remove the subs on their entry for this disc. That's where I always find them when I need them:

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/un...e-p-11690.html

Their entry doesn't mention any English subs either.

As for Underworld, I have the Japanese and German versions and I think the Japanese is maybe even a little bit better than the German, but it's the theatrical cut and the German is the extended edition. I don't think the extra material is very important on this one though.

Thats it!

Tony also has great descriptions of the movies he carries with complete info for language tracks, subtitle languages, what the special features contain, etc.

PS: So, has anyone ever tried just actually using the SUBTITLE BUTTON on the remote control?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaPhil View Post
Thats it!

Tony also has great descriptions of the movies he carries with complete info for language tracks, subtitle languages, what the special features contain, etc.

PS: So, has anyone ever tried just actually using the SUBTITLE BUTTON on the remote control?
Yeah, I did and it didn't work on this title at least with my Toshiba HD-XF2 (equivalent of HD-A2). I really had to use the trick to remove them. But that worked

It didn't work when some timing was a bit off though, so I think it's important to follow the instructions very accurately.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:22 AM

The subtitle button worked for me on my A30 if I remember correctly. I remember sticking in the disc and thinking "crap now I have to remember how to do this subtitle thing" and just hitting subs on the remote and they went away..but then again myabe I am forgetting. It has been a while