Robin Hood from Zavvi.co.uk - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-27-2008, 05:23 PM

Default Robin Hood from Zavvi.co.uk

I got mine today and I think their is an entire disc missing. There is a spot for a disc but nothing in it. There is one disc with print on it and 3 combo discs.
anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-27-2008, 05:45 PM

I haven't gotten mine yet Will let you know when mine shows up however. It should probably be here tomorrow
Old 05-27-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglalien View Post
I got mine today and I think their is an entire disc missing. There is a spot for a disc but nothing in it. There is one disc with print on it and 3 combo discs.
anyone else have this problem?
Sorry to hear that; I imagine it's a error in the production rather than with Zavvi - it did arrive with a shrinkwrap on package? Hopefully Zavvi will make it good for you. I just have 20k Streets Under the Sky & Becoming Jane coming from Zavvi and I think they're both single discs.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:32 PM

Reply ya the shrink wrap was fine. I sent customer service an e-mail we'll see what they say. being thye pessimist I have been lately...Maybe thatas why it wa sso cheap. A known issue of a missing disc. When a deal seems too good to be true it usualy is.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:44 PM

The missing disc is Combo Disc #4 episodes 10-13.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglalien View Post
Reply ya the shrink wrap was fine. I sent customer service an e-mail we'll see what they say. being thye pessimist I have been lately...Maybe thatas why it wa sso cheap. A known issue of a missing disc. When a deal seems too good to be true it usualy is.
Ah, well I don't think it is a "known issue". I bought Robin Hood off an eBay (US) seller yesterday; got a discount for taking an opened set. He was saying in the listing that it was an HD DVD/ DVD combo set and the DVD side would play in any DVD player. I contacted him & told him he might want to check that - the standard DVD side was probably Region 2 PAL. He got back to me, telling me he had several of these and opened one to make sure. According to him the first 4 discs are HD DVD/DVD combos, Episodes 1-13 (so you're missing Disc 4, episodes 10-13. The DVD side of all the discs is Region 2 PAL. The 5th disc is DVD region 2 PAL only, with extra features.

I got the opened set for around $30 shipped.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
Ah, well I don't think it is a "known issue". I bought Robin Hood off an eBay (US) seller yesterday; got a discount for taking an opened set. He was saying in the listing that it was an HD DVD/ DVD combo set and the DVD side would play in any DVD player. I contacted him & told him he might want to check that - the standard DVD side was probably Region 2 PAL. He got back to me, telling me he had several of these and opened one to make sure. According to him the first 4 discs are HD DVD/DVD combos, Episodes 1-13 (so you're missing Disc 4, episodes 10-13. The DVD side of all the discs is Region 2 PAL. The 5th disc is DVD region 2 PAL only, with extra features.

I got the opened set for around $30 shipped.
Who was seller on eBay?
Old 05-27-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Iguana View Post
Who was seller on eBay?
He seems like a pretty decent guy, and has other imports for sale, in addition to another copy of Robin Hood.

Here you go -

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZurbeenjammin
Old 05-27-2008, 09:01 PM

got my robin hood set today everything was fine on this end. no missing discs. perfect. no complaints at all.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:42 AM

Mine from zavvi.co.uk has reached my friend in Finland and is waiting to be shipped to me (with some other stuff so I need to wait a couple of extra days). I'm hoping there are no missing discs...