DVD.it - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-12-2008, 12:58 AM

Default DVD.it

looking at ordering some discs from them (that WINX disc looks awesome..and yes i know it is all in Italian). Any of you super coupon finder folks have any coupons to help offset the shipping? They also have Under Siege 2 at a decent price (15Euro) and In the Land of Women for a pretty crappy price
Old 05-12-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormond View Post
looking at ordering some discs from them (that WINX disc looks awesome..and yes i know it is all in Italian). Any of you super coupon finder folks have any coupons to help offset the shipping? They also have Under Siege 2 at a decent price (15Euro) and In the Land of Women for a pretty crappy price
I have no coupon but I did order from there a bit earlier and got the shipment.

Some info about them based on my experience:

They seem to charge soon after placing the order (before shipping in my case). To Japan they only offered 4 Express shipping options and the cheapest was 31.77 EUR (maybe shipping to U.S. is cheaper). My order had originally 2 discs in it, both were expected to become available in 5 days (on average). They never got Piano 17 and cancelled it from my order after waiting for 3 weeks or so, and they only shipped Casshern to me then. I could have contacted them to rearrange the order earlier but I wanted to wait in case they could actually get Piano 17... They charged me the full amount intially and I got refund to my CC for the missing disc about 2 weeks after shipment. I sent them an e-mail at one point asking about that but got no response to it through e-mail.

They did sent e-mail updates about the status of the order while it had not yet been shipped at least once a week and after shipping they sent me an invoice in PDF format by e-mail as well.

The shipping happened on a Friday (using UPS Express Saver) and I received the package on the following Monday. The tracking info was very detailed and real-time. The long version of my address that I used there has a very long first line and somehow the package had my address all messed up, only about half of my address actually appeared in the outer packaging, but somehow UPS got it delivered to the right place without any delay in the delivery phase.

The disc was packed to a cardboard box with a lot of soft filling and there was a nice DVD.it magazine in Italian language in the same package, with some DVD reviews and articles :-)
Old 05-12-2008, 01:14 AM

Maybe I can email them and ask them to leave all the fluff out and knock 10Euro off the shipping charge The cheapest (for 3 discs) to the US was 16 Euro via fedex
Old 05-12-2008, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Maybe I can email them and ask them to leave all the fluff out and knock 10Euro off the shipping charge The cheapest (for 3 discs) to the US was 16 Euro via fedex
That's very cheap compared to their Japan shipping options
Best to order only stuff that they can ship immediately to make sure you get all your discs in that one shipment.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:31 AM

I'll probably get in on some, tormond, but I won't be able to look until after work today.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
I'll probably get in on some, tormond, but I won't be able to look until after work today.
I don't think he was offering...
Old 05-12-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglalien View Post
I don't think he was offering...
If anyone wants in I have no problem in everybody saving a few bucks on combining shipping. That is true for any order I place
Old 05-12-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
If anyone wants in I have no problem in everybody saving a few bucks on combining shipping. That is true for any order I place
tormond is awesome like that I did my group buy with 52 discs and it was exhausting. You and Christopher have taken over what I started
Old 05-16-2008, 07:16 PM

I might be interested in this. I had specifically begun looking into HD DVD imports with Italian soundtracks.

How exactly do you guys work the group buy? I assume payment goes to whoever is organizing and 1 large shipment goes to one address?? but then what??
Old 05-16-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaPhil View Post
I might be interested in this. I had specifically begun looking into HD DVD imports with Italian soundtracks.

How exactly do you guys work the group buy? I assume payment goes to whoever is organizing and 1 large shipment goes to one address?? but then what??
[i]Usually[i/] (can't speak for everyone but this is how I and most others have done it) people post what they want and the organizer gets a final order. Then prices are generated for each person (by the organizer) and PMed to everyone. You either confirm the price or back out of the order at that point. That way there are no surprises down the road for people and the organizer doesn't get screwed. The discs all go to one location, payment is sent from everyone that wanted something, and then individual orders are mailed out.

Unfortunately I think tormond has already made his order.