Anyone planning any group imports? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-06-2008, 12:54 AM

Default Anyone planning any group imports?

Is anybody planning, or know of somebody planning, any group imports? I dont have the time to organize one myself, else I would. If there is one going out soon, I'd like to get in on it.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:06 AM

i second that
Old 05-06-2008, 10:17 AM

Tormond may be doing a second Dutch group import, however it will likely be another week or more away since he's waiting for his 1st Dutch group buy to arrive and get them mailed out to everyone.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:32 AM

Well I do have a few extras from my ones left before they are gone. I will probably do another group order around the end of June for Death Proof HD DVD Steelbook. I already have mine ordered.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophles View Post
Well I do have a few extras from my ones left before they are gone. I will probably do another group order around the end of June for Death Proof HD DVD Steelbook. I already have mine ordered.
I'll have to get in on that one, I cancelled it back when they bumped the date right before T2 steelbook came out, didn't want it holding up my other 9 I had on order.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:23 PM

I'll do one if my work slows down to a halt.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfelon View Post
Tormond may be doing a second Dutch group import, however it will likely be another week or more away since he's waiting for his 1st Dutch group buy to arrive and get them mailed out to everyone.
I hope so because I really want to order Tristan and Isolde for my wife, and he was only charging $20! Then again, I'm not giving up hope that maybe he'll have extras once the first group buy arrives. *crosses fingers*

Nonetheless, I'll check out most imports and might death proof (definitely would if there was a matching steel book for planet terror so I can relive Grindhouse in HD). Although it seems if there's one must have import it's the band of brothers set or T2: Steelbook, so it seems according to most people left around these HD DVD parts of these forums.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:08 PM

Yes I am going to do another group import on the Dutch discs as there were about 10 I missed (ie I couldn't afford) when I did the last one (damn house payment..). I am however waiting to make sure that the order I have incoming actually shows up and everything turns out OK with it before I do anymore.. They had a hold on my card for almost 3 weeks and finally actually charged me about 10 days ago. I have no way of tracking anything they have sent me so all I can do is sit and hope. If everything arrives sae and sound and is actually what I ordered then I wont hesitate ordering again just want to clear this set out first.

For the German discs I am pretty sure that Christopheles has most of those covered (he may have what you are looking for right now) but a lot of the German discs have skyrocketed in price in the last 2 weeks or have been on permenant not in stock. I hit refresh on Amazon.de about 50 times a day waiting for Tomb Raider 2 to go back in stock
Old 05-06-2008, 10:33 PM

tomb raider 2...I think the same thing is happening like paramount....you know how people are just "helding-on" to stock and not releasing it...and "destroyed" them!!!! bol.com is not very nice if you order alot of stuff...
Old 05-06-2008, 11:28 PM

Well I know that there are copies out there in the wild so I can keep dreaming until I find it I have found some great deals on some great discs that are super rare so I continue my quest to find TR2 even at the expense of the F5 key on my keyboard

Not sure why Bol.com would be pissy about large orders. You would think they would be thrilled to sell 400+ Euro worth of product. It shouldn't matter how the heck they sold it.