HMV JP Won't Take My CC..... Help?? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-02-2008, 04:25 PM

Default HMV JP Won't Take My CC..... Help??

I have a MasterCard and a Visa and HMV Japan won't approve either of them. Neither card is canceled or has a hold, I use one daily and the other weekly. They don't take any other form of payment. I don't really want to get another CC but I really want this order... anyone have a similar experience?
Old 05-02-2008, 04:34 PM

worked fine for me first try from what i can remember using a visa card.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:42 PM

Call you card issuer & tell them you're trying to use the card on HMV Japan - many card issuers block transactions from foreign websites. Capital One won't authorize unless I call them first - so I use my American Express with no problem.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:47 PM

I'll try that Monday. I don't understand why because I make a dozen international purchases a month, including from Japan. I just didn't know if it was the way HMV was processing my card or something.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:55 PM

Did you use a different shipping addy than your home/CC billing addy? I know they only ship to your home/billing addy cause when I ordered Equilibrium from them it said they could only deliver to the CC billing addy, caused quite a pain in the arse too as it had to be signed for and I work during the day, like any normal person would, and had to actually leave work and go to the post office to pick it up during the day.

Could be that or like others have said, your bank could be blocking it.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-DVD_4_Me View Post
Did you use a different shipping addy than your home/CC billing addy? I know they only ship to your home/billing addy cause when I ordered Equilibrium from them it said they could only deliver to the CC billing addy, caused quite a pain in the arse too as it had to be signed for and I work during the day, like any normal person would, and had to actually leave work and go to the post office to pick it up during the day.

Could be that or like others have said, your bank could be blocking it.
Hmm.. I had it going to work but both of my CCs are set up at home. I placed another order with the same items shipped to my house to see if it goes through. My first order isn't going anywhere as long as they don't have payment so we'll see what happens.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:39 PM

So, what goodies did you find?
Old 05-02-2008, 06:43 PM

It's a Blu-ray order but I knew I'd get help over here much faster than on the Blu-ray forum That's funny, I didn't even think about it until now. I just instinctively posted here My order is for:

Art of Disney, The (Blu-ray) (2006)
Arthur and the Minimoys - Dolby TrueHD (Blu-ray) (2006)
Azur et Asmar - DTS-HD Master Audio (Blu-ray) (2006)
Danny the Dog (102 Minute European Version) - Dolby TrueHD (Blu-ray) (2005)
Kung Fu Hustle (Uncut) - Uncompressed PCM (Blu-ray) (2004)
Producers, The - Uncompressed PCM (Blu-ray) (2005)
Trainspotting - Dolby TrueHD (Blu-ray) (1996)

Once I get a Blu-ray player I'm sure I'll enjoy all of those
Old 05-02-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
It's a Blu-ray order but I knew I'd get help over here much faster than on the Blu-ray forum That's funny, I didn't even think about it until now. I just instinctively posted here My order is for:

Art of Disney, The (Blu-ray) (2006)
Arthur and the Minimoys - Dolby TrueHD (Blu-ray) (2006)
Azur et Asmar - DTS-HD Master Audio (Blu-ray) (2006)
Danny the Dog (102 Minute European Version) - Dolby TrueHD (Blu-ray) (2005)
Kung Fu Hustle (Uncut) - Uncompressed PCM (Blu-ray) (2004)
Producers, The - Uncompressed PCM (Blu-ray) (2005)
Trainspotting - Dolby TrueHD (Blu-ray) (1996)
Some great movies there. Trainspotting is a fave, I have the original The Producers DVD with Zero Mostel, haven't seen the Nathan Lane version is that an actual "film", or a taping of the B'way play? And didn't Kung Fu Hustle come out in the U.S., with PCM? One strange movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
Once I get a Blu-ray player I'm sure I'll enjoy all of those
What are you waiting for - a reasonably priced 2.0 player that ain't a game machine?
Old 05-02-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
I have the original The Producers DVD with Zero Mostel, haven't seen the Nathan Lane version is that an actual "film", or a taping of the B'way play?
It's a different look at the story. This is a stand alone film but it stars Nathan Lane and Mathew Broderick from the Broadway play. It's produced () by Mel Brooks but he didn't direct it. I found Uma Thurman extremely annoying but I thought Lane and Broderick had much better screen chemistry than Mostel and Wilder. There are also some great cameos by Jon Lovitz and Will Ferrell but the most disappointing thing of all is that LSD was cut from the story completely. After seeing both versions I can't say which I prefer. They both have great moments but they're both flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
And didn't Kung Fu Hustle come out in the U.S., with PCM? One strange movie.
Yes, and in Europe as well. But they're edited, you have to go to Japan or South Korea to get the "uncut" version. It's the stupidest thing, too. Apparently Sony doesn't think that westerners can understand eastern humor so they cut out some punchlines, not the jokes. Of course you have to understand a little bit of eastern culture to actually get the punchline but it was still a dumb decision to cut the film for western audiences.