EzyDVD 24hr advance sale - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-23-2008, 02:24 AM

EzyDVD 24hr advance sale

Here's what I got today"

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for being one of our Top HD DVD customers!

As you know, EzyDVD.com.au offered HD DVD titles at a HUGE discount last month. We are now down to our last remaining units per title across our extensive HD DVD range.

In recognition that you are one of our top HD DVD customers, we want to offer you an exclusive 24 hour opportunity to buy some titles you may have missed, at a new Hot final clearance price before we offer it to the public tomorrow evening."

Since I can't post urls, add this to the back of the ezydvd.com.au/ address:
main/promo_hd.zml

The full link (Edit by kannisto): http://www.ezydvd.com.au/main/promo_hd.zml

Last edited by kannisto; 04-23-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:37 AM

I got the same e-mail. I don't know if this promotion works for everybody as they stated it's an exclusive 24 hour opportunity for their top HD DVD customers before they announce it to the public "tomorrow evening". It might be that the only exclusivity is based on the information about the link though.

Anyway, I went in and bought Star Trek S1 for $AU 63.48 (tax reduced price, not including shipping). Not a bad price! I just hope they have enough stock to deliver mine. The rest of the stuff I pretty much already have or didn't want.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:54 AM

Is the Australian Total Recall the same as the French one with the pitch problem?
Old 04-23-2008, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin42 View Post
Is the Australian Total Recall the same as the French one with the pitch problem?
Yeah, it's the same Studio Canal release though I guess it's distributed by Universal in Australia as in some European countries too. Just the cover papers are different in different countries and some may use thick cases while some use thin cases.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:41 AM

i got total recall from australia and it come in a thick case, which i didnt know they were all going too, i got 6 movies, they all got thick cases but they were cheap so it was ok...but speaking of total recall i didnt find even notice the pitch issue
Old 04-23-2008, 03:53 AM

Yeah, seems that Universal, Paramount and Warner all use thick cases in Australia for their normal releases. I like thin cases better.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
Yeah, seems that Universal, Paramount and Warner all use thick cases in Australia for their normal releases. I like thin cases better.
This is because Australia uses a different security system for tagging movies. In the US they use barcode strips which are just stuck inside the case. In Australia we have tags which get fitted to the side of the case on the right side in the centre which is why 1) they are thicker, 2) theres two little holes at the spot where you open the case.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:58 AM

Just ordered 7. It looks like you have to use the link provided above. I did a search for HD DVD without using the link and only 3 movies showed up. I don't think the prices have dropped much in this "sale," but it does look like it's only available to certain people.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:38 AM

Anyone know for sure that the Aust. version of HP 1-5 is the same as U.S.? I see it is 34.83 (not sure what that comes out to in u.s. dollars) but it seems like a good deal and I don't already own them.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the heads up, I got the email as well. Too bad there aren't really any titles I want, maybe Waterworld, but not worth it to import just that IMO.