List of Import titles currently unavailable anywhere. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-17-2008, 08:09 PM

Default List of Import titles currently unavailable anywhere.

Thought it would be nice to have a list of really hard to find titles, i.e., HD DVDs which are not available (or probably not available) from any known retailer. Xploited seems to be the primary source for a lot of titles, but Tony is starting to run out of some of his stock, and probably won't be replenishing it (but you never know, Band of Brothers and Equilibrium were supposedly unavailable but Tony found some more copies). Anyway, here's a short list of titles that I came up with and if anyone knows a site which stocks it, please post the info.

Running Scared (German)
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (German)
Enemy at the Gates (French)
Tomb Raider 2: The Cradle of Life (German)
Out of Time (Japan)
Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 PM

I've been trying for months to get The Elephant Man (UK, FR, NL) on HD-DVD from any region and it keeps going out of stock before I ever receive a copy. It's almost impossible to get, Tony said he could possibly get a copy second hand for me for $50. (no thanks) I've ordered this movie from 3 different sites claiming to have it in stock and have yet to get it from one.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfelon View Post
I've been trying for months to get The Elephant Man (UK, FR, NL) on HD-DVD from any region and it keeps going out of stock before I ever receive a copy. It's almost impossible to get, Tony said he could possibly get a copy second hand for me for $50. (no thanks) I've ordered this movie from 3 different sites claiming to have it in stock and have yet to get it from one.
Yeah, I don't trust many sources which say they can get it. It's real iffy, for example HMV Japan can get most of the titles they say have a one week lead time, but sometimes they can't get it. I ordered The Gift and Finding Neverland from them and The Gift was a no-show but Finding Neverland came in. I thought Bol.com has Elephant Man in stock? The Free Record Shop claims to be able to get it in 5-10 days, but I assume you already tried them in vain.

http://www.freerecordshop.com/is-bin...e%3D10&SubCat=

Here's the link for Bol.com, but it's hard to understand if they actually have it in stock.

http://www.nl.bol.com/is-bin/INTERSH...&lgl_Section=1

Last edited by bruceames; 04-17-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Got one on order from Bol currently as part of the group buy, but I'm not sure if it will actually show up or not as the status keeps flipping between in stock and 3 - 5 days. Also I'm staying away from Free Record Shop after my last ordeal with them.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:27 PM

Fnac may still have Enemy at the Gates, at least they state it's expected to ship within 24 hours. I never ordered from there but I understand it's a good source for French titles.

http://video.fnac.com/a1946194/Stali...w-HD-DVD?PID=3
Old 04-17-2008, 09:33 PM

Fnac also expects to be able to ship Elephant Man HD DVD within 24 hours:

http://video.fnac.com/a1895165/Eleph...To=0&Nu=6&Fr=0
Old 04-17-2008, 09:35 PM

Thanks for the info, Kannisto. I never heard of them.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 PM

Found your Out Of Time movie...yesasia have it.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timego View Post
Found your Out Of Time movie...
Who has it?
Old 04-17-2008, 09:49 PM

I just placed 2 orders of them