Beowulf UK HD DVD? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-07-2008, 07:36 AM

Default Beowulf UK HD DVD?

Does anyone have this HD DVD?
I wanted to know which audio languages were included, besides English.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkde View Post
Does anyone have this HD DVD?
I wanted to know which audio languages were included, besides English.
I havent got it but looking at the retailers that sell it, most just list English as the sole audio, while Amazon lists Greek as well!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee900 View Post
I havent got it but looking at the retailers that sell it, most just list English as the sole audio, while Amazon lists Greek as well!
I know, but that's definitely not the case.

I want to have a confirmation from someone who actually owns the disc.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:38 PM

A dvd seller in Germany (dvd-shop.ch) lists the sound as follows;Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 in Deutsch, Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 in Englisch, Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 in Französisch, Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 in Italienisch, Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 in Spanisch, Dolby TrueHD 5.1 in Englisch

Is it correct? I have no idea.
But it lends some hope to the idea that the UK WB Beowulf will have TrueHD.
The Only reason I hesitated ordering Beowulf HD from AU is I wasn't sure it had the TrueHD soundtrack
Old 04-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

well the aussie release came out and I've heard from members of another site that they have already recieved their copies. in AUS it's a 1 disc that seems to match the Special features of the UK Blu-ray, It does have the english TrueHD track they have said.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:44 PM

A little more confirmation of True HD on the WB HD editions. A seller on ebay has the AU version for sale and they are using trueHD as a selling point.
"This is the Australian HD DVD version which includes an incredible DOLBY TrueHD Audio track !"

Still don't know what other languages the UK version has.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
Still don't know what other languages the UK version has.
The backcover says:
Dolby TrueHD: English 5.1, Dolby Digital Plus: Castilian Spanish 5.1, French 5.1, German 5.1, Italian 5.1, English 5.1, English 2.0 Audio Descriptive Service

Hope this helps,
best wishes from Germany.

EDIT: See post #9.

Last edited by Oktoberfest; 04-25-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
The backcover says:
Dolby TrueHD: English 5.1, Dolby Digital Plus: Castilian Spanish 5.1, French 5.1, German 5.1, Italian 5.1, English 5.1, English 2.0 Audio Descriptive Service

Hope this helps,
best wishes from Germany.
I have the AU (same as the UK) version I ordered from dvdcrave and can confirm it has the same languages that our beer drinking from from deutschland mentioned, except doesn't have English under the Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 section, only Dolby TrueHD (which I'm sure we can all live with)
Old 04-25-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ao7996 View Post
I have the AU (same as the UK) version I ordered from dvdcrave and can confirm it has the same languages that our beer drinking from from deutschland mentioned, except doesn't have English under the Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 section, only Dolby TrueHD (which I'm sure we can all live with)
Mixed something up, no English 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus, also "only" Dolby TrueHD on the UK HD DVD. Sorry, it's getting late here ...
Old 04-25-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
Mixed something up, no English 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus, also "only" Dolby TrueHD on the UK HD DVD. Sorry, it's getting late here ...
No worries, just glad we got it figured out.... and to think i blind bought it from dvdcrave because it was cheap (15 shipped to the US from AU) and then got the iceing on the cake when i realized it had the the TrueHD.