Terminator 2 German Edition Update Available - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-04-2008, 04:17 PM

Talking Terminator 2 German Edition Update Available

Hi All,
I just wanted to let you all know that I recieved my copy of terminator 2 from germany today and put it in my player and because I have it hooked up to the internet it downloaded an web update for the disk and now it is all in english menus, movie, etc. Very Good Movie one of the best transfered I have seen on the internet so far.

Get it while you can.
Armand
Old 04-04-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acloutier View Post
Hi All,
I just wanted to let you all know that I recieved my copy of terminator 2 from germany today and put it in my player and because I have it hooked up to the internet it downloaded an web update for the disk and now it is all in english menus, movie, etc. Very Good Movie one of the best transfered I have seen on the internet so far.

Get it while you can.
Armand
You mean to say that Quiz Mode, Spy Mode and all the other popup text in the special features has English text? That would be awesome!
Old 04-04-2008, 04:36 PM

and if so is that a permanent update as in is your disc always going to be like that or does it need hooked up to the net each time............not sure a word of that made sense............
Old 04-04-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj23 View Post
and if so is that a permanent update as in is your disc always going to be like that or does it need hooked up to the net each time............not sure a word of that made sense............
The update would be downloaded to the player's persistent memory, so it would be specific to that player. It would be nice to have the update on disc, so one update other players later, or those players that can't connect to the ethernet (due to their location in the house or whatever).
Old 04-04-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj23 View Post
I think what your wondering is if the disc will set a cookie to tell it you prefer an English menu.

Lets hope so, I really want to play with the Quiz mode.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-DVD_4_Me View Post
I think what your wondering is if the disc will set a cookie to tell it you prefer an English menu.

Lets hope so, I really want to play with the Quiz mode.
Same here. If this is true, I'm going to buy a spare copy from Tony (the copy I have has a ding in the casing. )
Old 04-04-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Same here. If this is true, I'm going to buy a spare copy from Tony (the copy I have has a ding in the casing. )
Man that sucks. Can you exchange it with Amazon.de (or whereever you got it)?

I got the Forbidden Planet Collectors Edition in the tin, and when I got it from Amazon it had a nice fist sized dent in the side of the tin Oddly, the box appeared to have no damage at all, no way I was accepting that, Amazon was great about the return.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-DVD_4_Me View Post
Man that sucks. Can you exchange it with Amazon.de (or whereever you got it)?

I got the Forbidden Planet Collectors Edition in the tin, and when I got it from Amazon it had a nice fist sized dent in the side of the tin Oddly, the box appeared to have no damage at all, no way I was accepting that, Amazon was great about the return.
It's very small and is at the back bottom of the case. It's just enough to be irritating though, especially comparing to the Strip Mind Steelbook I just got today in perfect condition from Jester (thanks, BTW). I got it from HDaddicts, but since I opened the shrinkwrap before noticing it, he may not want to exchange it. I may send him a note, to see what he says though. But if all the features are going to be in English, I may just order a copy to leave in the shrink wrap for future collectibility. It is the 'last hurrah' HD DVD after all.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:57 PM

So OP, let's get an answer to whether all those special features - quiz and spy modes are now in English???
Old 04-04-2008, 05:00 PM

Talking

Hi there to anwser your questions it remembers when you put the disk back in and it automatically chooses english based on your players region & all special features and menus and in english now!!!