Bug, Bugs! and Tideland - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-03-2008, 11:57 PM

Default Bug, Bugs! and Tideland

I think these r the last titles I want. How are they? Have U seen them cheaper than Amazon Germany?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglalien View Post
I think these r the last titles I want. How are they? Have U seen them cheaper than Amazon Germany?
I'm pretty sure Amazon Germany is the cheapest. I'm waiting for Bugs! via the last group buy from Germany. Kinda curious of it being 3D.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:20 AM

Bugs! is not what you would expect, but I think it's worth owning. It's not really very informative like Planet Earth or Amazing Planet. Instead you go on an "adventure" in the world of bugs where the main character bugs are given names, etc, etc. There are some cool scenes for documentary nuts but overall it's really not a documentary. PQ is about 4/5, there's some dirt and other source damage that is a little distracting on a big screen.

Personally I thought it was hilarious. The narration is very comedic even though it's not supposed to be. I'd say it's a definite buy for kids or for any adult with a really good sense of humor. It has a happy home in my collection. I haven't watched the 3D version yet so I can't comment on that.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
Personally I thought it was hilarious. The narration is very comedic even though it's not supposed to be. I'd say it's a definite buy for kids or for any adult with a really good sense of humor. It has a happy home in my collection. I haven't watched the 3D version yet so I can't comment on that.
Is the narration in English?
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Is the narration in English?
Yes the original narration is English language (narrated by Judi Dench which makes it so much better). It is included on the disc and the disc set up is like all other Ascot Elite HD-DVDs. The German dub is the default but switching to the original English track is quick and painless.