Cancel your HMV Band of Brothers Order NOW!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-01-2008, 10:50 PM

Default Cancel your HMV Band of Brothers Order NOW!!

The volumes of BoB that HMV Japan had on order can't be acquired from their distributor (they just sent me an email saying this). They have canceled everything except Vol 2 for me which has entered shipping already and won't allow me to cancel it. So basically I'm going to be screwed with only one volume. If anyone still has these on order from HMV Japan I strongly suggest that you cancel your order if you're only interested in all 5 volumes.

I sent them a very unhappy email about five minutes after my order entered shipping so we'll see what happens.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:57 PM

I'm getting screwed as well. Please let me know how we can go about mailing it back for a refund...or to find the remaining volumes.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
The volumes of BoB that HMV Japan had on order can't be acquired from their distributor (they just sent me an email saying this). They have canceled everything except Vol 2 for me which has entered shipping already and won't allow me to cancel it. So basically I'm going to be screwed with only one volume. If anyone still has these on order from HMV Japan I strongly suggest that you cancel your order if you're only interested in all 5 volumes.

I sent them a very unhappy email about five minutes after my order entered shipping so we'll see what happens.
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you can simply refuse the shipment when it arrives and make arrangements with them that you will do just that (and thus not pay return shipping costs).
Old 04-01-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you can simply refuse the shipment when it arrives and make arrangements with them that you will do just that (and thus not pay return shipping costs).
I was thinking along those lines, however I don't know how that will work with an international shipment. In my email I told them that I would be sending it back wasting money for shipping both ways so maybe that will give them incentive to manually cancel the order. It definately hasn't left the warehouse yet because I responded to the change in less than 5 minutes. But who knows when they'll see my email
Old 04-01-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
I was thinking along those lines, however I don't know how that will work with an international shipment. In my email I told them that I would be sending it back wasting money for shipping both ways so maybe that will give them incentive to manually cancel the order. It definately hasn't left the warehouse yet because I responded to the change in less than 5 minutes. But who knows when they'll see my email
I've ordered regular dvd's from them.They ship using EMS. You and no one else must sign for it. If you pick it up at a post office, make sure you have ID. I had to wait 3 extra days because I wasn't present at delivery.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchfan View Post
I've ordered regular dvd's from them.They ship using EMS. You and no one else must sign for it. If you pick it up at a post office, make sure you have ID. I had to wait 3 extra days because I wasn't present at delivery.
That's strange, they shipped one package using EMS and it was delivered to my mailbox if I recall correctly. The latest package was delivered to my home when I wasn't in but I don't know if my wife had to sign for it, but I know it was delivered EMS and I didn't sign for it.

Edit: Now that I remember, I did have to go to the post office to pick up the first package.

Last edited by bruceames; 04-01-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:37 PM

I called Japan, and I was able to cancel the entire order. I suggest everyone in a similar bind do the same. It was no issue.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:07 PM

Whats the big deal? I received disc 1, 2 and 5 already and was waiting for 3 and 4. I was only charged for what was shipped. Why return what you already have?

Ahh, I suppose you can only find them being sold now as complete sets?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurknomore View Post
I called Japan, and I was able to cancel the entire order. I suggest everyone in a similar bind do the same. It was no issue.
Called last night and had an interesting time The English person was at lunch or something so she told me to call back. When I did no one was there. I think it's funny that I understood a few words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
Whats the big deal? I received disc 1, 2 and 5 already and was waiting for 3 and 4. I was only charged for what was shipped. Why return what you already have?

Ahh, I suppose you can only find them being sold now as complete sets?
HMV can no longer get four of the discs so I would only have one volume of five. I want all five or none at all, it doesn't make any sense to me to own only one disc.

At any rate they got my email before Volume 2 shipped, so everything is canceled now On the bright side I got a 500 Yen voucher for making my first purchase. It's only about $5, but hey, I'll take it.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:54 PM

I saw this over on the AVSForum - If anyone is missing discs from having a complete set, a guy on ebay (not me) is selling all 5 discs individually on ebay -

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZclemsonfn

From what I read, disc 3 is rare & disc 4 almost impossible to find.