Rare Japanese Godsend available at Xploited! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-25-2008, 11:01 PM

Default Rare Japanese Godsend available at Xploited!

Put in a special request for this about 3 weeks ago with Tony, looks like he decided to include this rare into his catolog. Doubt this movie will ever see a release, so jump on it now while you can.

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/go...e-p-13658.html

Peace all
Old 03-25-2008, 11:29 PM

I want a rare title just as much as the next guy, but I can't blind buy this with that 3% Rotten Tomato score.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
I want a rare title just as much as the next guy, but I can't blind buy this with that 3% Rotten Tomato score.

Come on, you know you want it. I'm a sucker for any type of horror/thriller film...........plus Robert De Niro is in it so it can't be that bad. I saw this at the show when it came out about 4 years ago and haven't seen it since. The mere fact that I can view this in glorious 1080i on my home system is good enough for me.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBULL74 View Post
Come on, you know you want it. I'm a sucker for any type of horror/thriller film...........plus Robert De Niro is in it so it can't be that bad. I saw this at the show when it came out about 4 years ago and haven't seen it since. The mere fact that I can view this in glorious 1080i on my home system is good enough for me.
It might actually be 1080p, because all the Japanese HD DVDs I have say 1080i on the box but are in fact 1080p (AFAIK).

Robert De Niro is a plus, but for the $42 sticker price I'll need a little more encouragement than that.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:29 AM

Godsend....forgot for a moment that I even saw this movie . Ya, it was nothing special..I cant believe it actually got put out in HD. Wierd Japanese HD decisions, pretty random....The Gift, Equilibrium, Band of Brothers and now Godsend? At least I thought The Gift was a decent horror (ish) movie. This movie was pretty awful, not worth the price IMO.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
It might actually be 1080p, because all the Japanese HD DVDs I have say 1080i on the box but are in fact 1080p (AFAIK).

Robert De Niro is a plus, but for the $42 sticker price I'll need a little more encouragement than that.
I think Fragile is actually 1080i (and marked as 1080i) although it looks excellent. At least the EVO demuxer I used to check the details of the video stream showed Fragile's video stream as 1980x535 which typically indicates 1080i. Godsend was released at the same time also by SHV.

Afro Samurai also seems to be 1080i in reality (though it is indicated as 1080p in the box).

I'll check later what Godsend's video stream is like. Godsend doesn't look quite as sharp as Fragile.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:11 AM

I requested the Japanese version of Underworld a little while back and he's added it to the regular listings as well as the Spanish Version of Brother's Grimm (which may have been up before but I didn't see it before I placed my order the other day.). Just FYI if anyone cares.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
I think Fragile is actually 1080i (and marked as 1080i) although it looks excellent. At least the EVO demuxer I used to check the details of the video stream showed Fragile's video stream as 1980x535 which typically indicates 1080i. Godsend was released at the same time also by SHV.

Afro Samurai also seems to be 1080i in reality (though it is indicated as 1080p in the box).

I'll check later what Godsend's video stream is like. Godsend doesn't look quite as sharp as Fragile.
Unfortunately I have no way of telling if it's 1080i or 1080p because my XA2 will just say 1080p for everything (since it just shows the setting it's at). I'll need to check into that demuxer thingie you have
Old 03-26-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinLupinSan View Post
I requested the Japanese version of Underworld a little while back and he's added it to the regular listings as well as the Spanish Version of Brother's Grimm (which may have been up before but I didn't see it before I placed my order the other day.). Just FYI if anyone cares.
Ah, I saw the Japanese release on there about a week ago and could swear it hadn't been there before.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:34 PM

I watched the Godsend Japanese last night.

I know this film wasn't too touted by critics and what not, but I throughly enjoyed this movie. Greg Kinnear does some pretty good acting and Robert De Niro comes across as sinister as the evil twisted human cloning doctor. If you're a fan of horror/thrillers, then I highly recommend this import .

PQ...4.5......was really good and the presentation has a very film like quality to it. The transfer has a softer feel then some of the best 's I've seen, but detail and quality are never lacking. The movie has alot of wide shots that look good in high def. I didn't watch the standard dvd disc 1 to compare the quality against the disc 2, but I was very pleased to get to watch this movie in 1080p.

AQ.......solid 4.5

Yea, yea the import is pricey..........................but if you wanna complete your library then get this disc.