Best import site? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-25-2008, 02:01 PM

Default Best import site?

Also in HD software site but it was suggested I post this here.

Just curiose what everyone thinks the best import site is (I live in the USA). I'm looking to pick up the German T2 HD DVD, but the Amazon.de price was a bit more than I would like to pay (29.99 Euros). Anyone see any better prices out there?
Old 03-25-2008, 03:42 PM

That's the best price I've seen for it. You might wait & hope it goes down in price, but risk it going out of stock.

I think you best bet is to get in the Group Import deal with christophles and sign up for that Revolution Money Exchange promo and get $25 in your account to use as a "discount" for T2.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:46 PM

I broke down and got the UK version for $21.... From what I understand I lose out on SF's, but theoretically gain on audio but since I use an A30 I'm basically getting a trimmed german version lol. It's sad to lose the SF's but as much as I appriciate them they're just not worth 2x cost to me. Still, any sources for good import sites are appriciated, I'm building a list on my internet favs.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
I broke down and got the UK version for $21.... From what I understand I lose out on SF's, but theoretically gain on audio but since I use an A30 I'm basically getting a trimmed german version lol. It's sad to lose the SF's but as much as I appriciate them they're just not worth 2x cost to me. Still, any sources for good import sites are appriciated, I'm building a list on my internet favs.
That UK version is the Director's Cut and the audio is a huge improvement over the blu-ray, and the PQ is better as well. I got the French version some time ago - it's a 2 disc set with Director's & Theatrical versions. I sold the Theatrical disc on eBay for over half the cost of the 2 disc set, so it made the cost of ownership very reasonable.

Until recently I purchased all my imports from Xploited Cinema. You can sometimes find lower prices from overseas sellers, but Xploited has fast shipping & great service if there is ever any problem But you might cheak out the EzyDVD Australia sale thread in the HD DVD Bargains section - I ordered a half dozen titles well under $10 ea. And Amazon.de (Germany) is having a sale on a number ot titles for 9-10 Euros ($14-$15), but they have a flat rate int'l. shipping fee of 14 Euros, so it's more cost effective to order at least 6 titles - or get into the Group Import.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
That UK version is the Director's Cut and the audio is a huge improvement over the blu-ray, and the PQ is better as well. I got the French version some time ago - it's a 2 disc set with Director's & Theatrical versions. I sold the Theatrical disc on eBay for over half the cost of the 2 disc set, so it made the cost of ownership very reasonable.

Until recently I purchased all my imports from Xploited Cinema. You can sometimes find lower prices from overseas sellers, but Xploited has fast shipping & great service if there is ever any problem But you might cheak out the EzyDVD Australia sale thread in the HD DVD Bargains section - I ordered a half dozen titles well under $10 ea. And Amazon.de (Germany) is having a sale on a number ot titles for 9-10 Euros ($14-$15), but they have a flat rate int'l. shipping fee of 14 Euros, so it's more cost effective to order at least 6 titles - or get into the Group Import.
Thanks for the tips!
Old 03-25-2008, 11:03 PM

XPLOITEDCINEMA.com

Tony is the best and has the best customer service hands down!

Peace