Bottom Line - German T2 or UK Version? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-21-2008, 05:54 PM

Default Bottom Line - German T2 or UK Version?

Ok, I am ready to order my T2..What's the verdict?

Right now it seems the UK version on sale at xploited gets my order unless someone tells me otherwise...

Help!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:24 PM

Sorry I can't help. I've got a copy of the German edition on order (thank you group buy ).
I've heard it both ways, it has the same PQ as the UK version or it's slightly lesser. I don't know.

somebody is bound to have the answer though
But at $21 (for the Uk) you can't go wrong IMHO
Old 03-21-2008, 06:35 PM

Get the german one. The picture diffrence you probably won't be able to tell and all the features are 100% worth it by both if you want there's gonna be re-sale value in them.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:26 PM

I've got the French version and the German one is on the way, I'm of no help either.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoela View Post
Ok, I am ready to order my T2..What's the verdict?

Right now it seems the UK version on sale at xploited gets my order unless someone tells me otherwise...

Help!
Get the French edition.

It's a two disc set with both the Theatrical cut (which has resizeable forced subtitles which you can shrink to sit solely in the black bar) and Director's cut.

The UK version is just the second disc out of the French edition.

So you could either pay $35 for the full thing, $25 for a gimped one or $45+ for one with a ton of extras.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:53 PM

Here's a good one for you:

I have the Australian Studio Canal version of Terminator 2 (still sealed - pending German reviews) yet noticed it states a run-time of 131 minutes on the back. This is supposed to be the director's cut isn't it? Run-time Misprint? Or is this actually the theatrical version with the forced french subs removed?

Cheers!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klopek View Post

I have the Australian Studio Canal version of Terminator 2 (still sealed - pending German reviews) yet noticed it states a run-time of 131 minutes on the back. This is supposed to be the director's cut isn't it? Run-time Misprint? Or is this actually the theatrical version with the forced french subs removed?

Cheers!
Misprint.

The Australian version is the same as the UK version which is only disc 2 from the French edition.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klopek View Post

Cheers!
Just check the length of the movie when you press display.... I have 3 version's of T2 and only 1 has the actually proper time printed on the case.