Best place to buy Hd DVD's in Germany?? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-14-2008, 03:02 PM

Default Best place to buy Hd DVD's in Germany??

Well, We will traveling to visit some friends next month in Germany (they live close to Ramstein Air Force base) I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good place/store to pick up HD DVD's. I figured while I'm there I can get a few imports that I cant easily get here. Not sure if they have the Typical Best Buy, Circuit City etc. Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:54 PM

Ask your friends for a Saturn or a Media Markt, there are hundreds of them here in Germany and they sell many HD DVDs for 9.99 EUR - but only while supplies last.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
Ask your friends for a Saturn or a Media Markt, there are hundreds of them here in Germany and they sell many HD DVDs for 9.99 EUR - but only while supplies last.
Danke schön!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:11 PM

Also try to check the following B&M stores:

Karstadt
Expert
ProMarkt

Supermarkets/discounter stores like Walmart (no store in Germany anymore) normally don't have HD DVDs. Germany's big discounter stores are ALDI, LIDL, real, edeka, Penny, REWE, toom, Marktkauf.

However MediaMarkt (like BestBuy) and Saturn (like CC) are probably the best stores to go to.