Question about the UK editions of 2Fast 2Furious and Shaun of the Dead - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2008, 05:39 AM

Default Question about the UK editions of 2Fast 2Furious and Shaun of the Dead

Hey
First up 2 Fast 2 Furious
Now I know that the UK dvd version had one or two more special features than the US version. I know one feature was called "Supercharged Scenes". Did those special features make it onto the HD-DVD version? And what is with this UNCUT EDTION stamp. I do know that the US version WAS slightly trimmed on its way to dvd. But the UK version was cut more.

Now Shaun of the Dead
Does the UK HD-DVD have all the features from the LOADED 2-disc edition? Like the Zombie commentary and such.

Thanks in advance
MrWayne
Old 03-12-2008, 10:06 PM

Hey
Anyone...Anyone?

BUMP!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWayne View Post
Hey
First up 2 Fast 2 Furious
Now I know that the UK dvd version had one or two more special features than the US version. I know one feature was called "Supercharged Scenes". Did those special features make it onto the HD-DVD version? And what is with this UNCUT EDTION stamp. I do know that the US version WAS slightly trimmed on its way to dvd. But the UK version was cut more.
Thanks in advance
MrWayne
I got the "2 Fast 2 Furious" Australian release from the recent firesales over there. I think the UK version is most likely the same as the Australian and European and Japanese for that matter. The Australian release has the following Bonus Features listed in the back cover:

- Inside 2 Fast 2 Furious
- Actors Driving School
- Supercharged Stunts
- Making Music with Ludacris
- Outtakes - Deleted Scenes
- Tricking Out a Hot Import Car
- Actors Spotlight / Cars Spotlight
- Prelude to 2 Fast 2 Furious
- Animated Anecdotes
- Feature Commentary with Director John Singleton

The special features are in 480p Standard Definition (according to back cover). The disc has English, French, Italian, German, Castilian, Japanese DD+ 5.1 audio tracks and English SDH*, French*, Italian*, German*, C.Spanish*, Japanese*, Korean, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Dutch*, Norwegian and Portuguese* subtitles. Menu available in languages marked with *.

Is Supercharged Stunts the one you were thinking about?

I don't see any "Uncut Edition" stamp on the covers of this one. Runtime seems to be 1h:47mm:29ss.

The disc itself has "age classification labels" for UK, Germany, Ireland and Australia so I think all those countries have the same discs, it just comes with a localised cover paper in each country.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:34 PM

Hey
Here is a little proof of the 2F2F extra I am speaking of, lol. Here is the UK DVD edition on 2 sites. Sendit.com and dvd.co.uk.

Sendit.com

dvd.co.uk with review

MrWayne
Old 03-13-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWayne View Post
Hey
Here is a little proof of the 2F2F extra I am speaking of, lol. Here is the UK DVD edition on 2 sites. Sendit.com and dvd.co.uk.

Sendit.com

dvd.co.uk with review

MrWayne
I see. I think the UK HD DVD edition doesn't have the "Supercharged Scenes" extra as I'm 99% sure the UK edition is identical to the Australian edition I have (that has the UK certification label on the disc as well). I also confirmed from the disc that such an extra does not appear in the extras menu.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:22 AM

Hey
Anything on Shaun of the Dead?

BUMP!

MrWayne
Old 03-13-2008, 07:48 AM

I have the UK shaun of the dead and here is what it says on the back.

Missing bits : Funky Pete / The Man Who Would Be Shaun / Plot Holes / Outtakes / Extended Bits

TV Bits : T4 with Coldplay / Fun Dead / Trisha-Your Nine Lives Are Up / Trisha-I married A Monster

Zombie Gallery : Photo Gallery / 2000 AD strip / Poster Designs
Raw Meat : Simon Pegg's Video Diary / Casting Tapes / Edger And Simon's Flip Chart / SFX Comparison / Make-up Tests / EPK Feturette

Trails Of the Dead : Theatrical Trailer / Storyboard Comparison / Zomb-O-Meter

Audio Commentaries : Simon Pegg,Nick Frost,Dylan Moran,Kate Ashfield and Lucy Davies / Simon Pegg and Edger Wright

Alll Extras are in 480i/p.