Studio Canal OOP Everywhere? - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 10:34 PM

Default Studio Canal OOP Everywhere?

Blahdvd.com hasn't been able to fill my order for The Elephant Man for over two months and tonight my order for Mulholland Drive got canceled from Amazon.fr. I've also heard reports of Rambo III being OOP in Europe and Australia. Is Studio Canal the first studio to completely halt production of HD-DVDs? It seems very plausible at this point. I'm going to have to spend more money to buy The Elephant Man and Mulholland Drive from xploited but at least I got the Rambo trilogy shipped from dvdorchard already.

It's sad to think that entire studios may already be discontinuing their entire HD-DVD catalog

Last edited by Jester217300; 02-04-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
Blahdvd.com hasn't been able to fill my order for The Elephant Man for over two months and tonight my order for Mulholland Drive got canceled from Amazon.fr. I've also heard reports of Rambo III being OOP in Europe and Australia. Is Studio Canal the first studio to completely halt production of HD-DVDs? It seems very plausible at this point. I'm going to have to spend more money to buy The Elephant Man and Mulholland Drive from xploited but at least I got the Rambo trilogy shipped from dvdorchard already.

It's sad to think that entire studios may already be discontinuing their entire HD-DVD catalog
xploitedcinema.com

That's the place to be.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:42 PM

Oh I'm totally aware of what Tony has in stock. But if I can get it for half the price by importing it myself I'll do so. Refer to the OP:

Quote:
[...] from xploited [...]
Old 03-08-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Oh I'm totally aware of what Tony has in stock. But if I can get it for half the price by importing it myself I'll do so. Refer to the OP:
Basically at this time, if it's a German title, then it's probably cheaper at Amazon.de. Amazon.fr and Amazon.uk have some deals, but not comparable to Amazon.de. I ordered Rambo 3 last Monday from Amazon.fr after seeing Tony didn't have it, and ordered Les Triplettes de Bellville and Le Vie en Rose to make shipping worthwhile. But after reading this thread, I noticed that they were sitting on the order because of Rambo 3, so I canceled and ordered it from HDaddicts instead. I hope they have it, as just ordered and had wasn't sure if it's a stock item or not. Also, they had a picture of the Australian version and they listed the French one (which I want because my other two are the French versions). Anyway, I sent them an inquiry email. Meanwhile, I went ahead and ordered Elephant Man and Mulholland Drive from Tony.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Basically at this time, if it's a German title, then it's probably cheaper at Amazon.de. Amazon.fr and Amazon.uk have some deals, but not comparable to Amazon.de. I ordered Rambo 3 last Monday from Amazon.fr after seeing Tony didn't have it, and ordered Les Triplettes de Bellville and Le Vie en Rose to make shipping worthwhile. But after reading this thread, I noticed that they were sitting on the order because of Rambo 3, so I canceled and ordered it from HDaddicts instead. I hope they have it, as just ordered and had wasn't sure if it's a stock item or not. Also, they had a picture of the Australian version and they listed the French one (which I want because my other two are the French versions). Anyway, I sent them an inquiry email. Meanwhile, I went ahead and ordered Elephant Man and Mulholland Drive from Tony.
Jeez. I'm going to have to hit up all of the Rambo movies, and soon.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:56 PM

The UK has elephant man, mulholland drive and the rambo films, well, definitely the first 2, not sure about #3.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj23 View Post
The UK has elephant man, mulholland drive and the rambo films, well, definitely the first 2, not sure about #3.
yeah, 1st 2 are widely available but the 3rd Rambo is getting hard to find.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:18 PM

The third Rambo is very hard to watch in my opinion. The first is actually good until the Stallone "I want" rant in the end.
Closed Thread