The Orphanage on HD DVD? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-03-2008, 01:57 PM

Default The Orphanage on HD DVD?

After just reading the announcement for The Orphanage on Blu, does anyone know if this will see the light of day on hd dvd through the likes of Studio canal, DFW, or Kinowet? i sure hope so, i cant get enough of spanish horror

thanks
soup
Old 03-03-2008, 06:52 PM

I asked the same thing about a month ago and the consensus was that it was highly unlikely as none of the international rights holders were HD supporters. Fast forward a month and you have companies like Tai Seng pulling the release of Dragon Tiger Gate only days before it hit stores, then announcing a Blu-Ray version days later (which means the movie was already pressed on HD and they're simply being dicks and not releasing it to retailers...). I really wish The Orphanage would hit HD, but it seems pretty unlikely given the current climate.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:20 PM

dang, thanks for the info lupin, really appreciate it, i think ill cry though, i love that i got pan;s labyrinth, but now i cant get the orphanage
Old 03-04-2008, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post
dang, thanks for the info lupin, really appreciate it, i think ill cry though, i love that i got pan;s labyrinth, but now i cant get the orphanage
Sorry...not that my speculation is anything but that, I just don't think it's going to happen. It's a real shame, The Orphanage is probably my favorite ghost-story ever....but since Warner/New Line and the rest of the industry has stabbed me in the back as a consumer and shown me that I'm not important to them I'm simply not willing to buy it on Blu-Ray. But it would be great to see it on import HD...
Old 03-04-2008, 01:16 PM

I can't argree more, I love pans labyrinth and I'd love to see another Del Toro movie masterpiece in HD splendor.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedisorder View Post
I can't argree more, I love pans labyrinth and I'd love to see another Del Toro movie masterpiece in HD splendor.
Del toro didn't direct the movie.