30 days of night import - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-29-2008, 09:17 PM

Default 30 days of night import

Is this still on schedule for release or has it been cancelled? I believe it was a concorde release in Germany.

30 Days Of Night - Concorde - 02/04/08 - English Language Audio

So tentative release date of April 2nd according to UK blog site. Anyone have updated news on this? Are pre-orders up?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuehne View Post
Is this still on schedule for release or has it been cancelled? I believe it was a concorde release in Germany.

30 Days Of Night - Concorde - 02/04/08 - English Language Audio

So tentative release date of April 2nd according to UK blog site. Anyone have updated news on this? Are pre-orders up?
http://www.amazon.de/30-Days-Night-H...4337569&sr=1-1

Fingers Crossed...
Old 02-29-2008, 09:43 PM

Since Concorde announced a new HD DVD release a couple of days ago for 7th of May ("Mr. Brooks") I think they are not planning to drop this one either. They are my favorite German distributor together with Ascot Elite
Old 02-29-2008, 09:47 PM

soo stoked for this one. The cover art is sweet. I don't have a blu-ray player yet but this was going to be my first purchase. HD DVD will have to have stunning PQ to beat that review of the US release.

- Harrison F.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfritz View Post
soo stoked for this one. The cover art is sweet. I don't have a blu-ray player yet but this was going to be my first purchase. HD DVD will have to have stunning PQ to beat that review of the US release.

- Harrison F.
This movie strikes me as one that really benefits greatly from a strong HD transfer as compared to standard DVD.

I keep thinking back to "The Thing" and remembering how great the environment (snow, lighting, etc...) looked in high definition.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:20 PM

I can only hope so shark. I'm still waiting on my free copy of The Thing though haha. When I saw 30 Days in theaters I thought it would look amazing in HD. I think I'm going to wait on a review before I purchase the HD DVD version, however, rather than go with a blind pre-order.

Interesting though, when I translated the amazon.de page, it says that the title is currently unavailable and there is no longer a pre-order link. Uh-oh

- Harrison F.

Last edited by hfritz; 02-29-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I can only hope so shark. I'm still waiting on my free copy of The Thing though haha. When I saw 30 Days in theaters I thought it would look amazing in HD. I think I'm going to wait on a review before I purchase the HD DVD version, however, rather than go with a blind pre-order.

- Harrison F.
Trust me. You'll be impressed with "The Thing". For a movie of it's age it looks great. Certainly not reference quality but not bad at all.

If they can do that with a movie of that age, I can only believe the HD DVD using new source material will be that much more impressive, at least on par with the Blu version.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:27 PM

Im going to rent this sometime this week on DVD and if its good i might get it on HD DVD
Old 03-01-2008, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Interesting though, when I translated the amazon.de page, it says that the title is currently unavailable and there is no longer a pre-order link. Uh-oh

- Harrison F.
Yeah, this was not the status earlier and the BD version is not like this, it can be pre-ordered as usual. I hope something bad is not about to happen. Mr. Brooks is similarly now unavailable but in case of that one, it seems BD is also in similar status. I hope these are still on track.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:19 PM

I'll be hella pissed if this one gets the axe.......... Got my fingers crossed, so lets see what happens. The cover artwork looks mean as hell compared to crappy US cover.

Peace