help picking japan import title - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-28-2008, 05:52 AM

Default help picking japan import title

So ive been hunting for equilibrium in the exchange thread and have been unsuccessful for quite a while now, so ive decided to just buy it from HMV, but i went and they are having a deal where if you order more than one movie you get 25% off, so i figure i should take advantage of this but im finding it hard to pick the second film. I think ive got it narrowed down to Reign of Fire for 4032, Fragile for 3192, or The Brothers Grimm for 4032. anyone seen all these? or have other good ideas? any help appreciated

Thanks
soup
Old 02-28-2008, 06:01 AM

I have not seen the HD DVD versions if that is what your asking but as far as the films go i would take reign of fire
Old 02-28-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post
So ive been hunting for equilibrium in the exchange thread and have been unsuccessful for quite a while now, so ive decided to just buy it from HMV, but i went and they are having a deal where if you order more than one movie you get 25% off, so i figure i should take advantage of this but im finding it hard to pick the second film. I think ive got it narrowed down to Reign of Fire for 4032, Fragile for 3192, or The Brothers Grimm for 4032. anyone seen all these? or have other good ideas? any help appreciated

Thanks
soup
I have all those Japanese titles you listed. I'd put them in this order:
1) Fragile
2) Reign of Fire
3) Brothers Grimm

Fragile is by far my favorite of those 3, but it depends on your taste in movies. Fragile is a horror movie with a nice and moody atmosphere. If you like Asian & European horror movies, you'd probably like it.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:32 AM

i was hoping youd pop in kannisto, thanks for the input. i love being scared, but the thing is that i havent been scared by a movie in a long time...i find games do a better job, i played Fatal Frame 2 the crimson butterfly, and thoroughly enjoyed it...do you think Fragile could do the trick with this info? oh and i know its kinda off topic and alot more expensive, but im seriously debating getting Band of Brothers since HMV says they can get it...any thoughts there?

thanks so much for your help
Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 AM

Quote:
i was hoping youd pop in kannisto, thanks for the input. i love being scared, but the thing is that i havent been scared by a movie in a long time...i find games do a better job, i played Fatal Frame 2 the crimson butterfly, and thoroughly enjoyed it...do you think Fragile could do the trick with this info? oh and i know its kinda off topic and alot more expensive, but im seriously debating getting Band of Brothers since HMV says they can get it...any thoughts there?

thanks so much for your help
I think Fragile had some pretty effective scares towards the end, though I don't really get scared by 99% of horror films either. I still like to watch some of them anyway. I don't really know those games so can't comment based on your liking of them...

BoB is a great "set". I'd certainly buy it if I didn't already have it Earlier on there were also great deals on 2nd hand BoB sets here but I haven't found much supply anymore in 2nd hand stores. I think BoB is definitely a must have too.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:48 AM

dang, your gonna be the end of me kannisto, i might end up buying equilibrium, BoB, and Fragile....yeah the reason i dont like most horror films as that they never scare me, and for the most part the are awful movies, but if i get what your saying its that fragile is a good film? the only reason i even looked into was from you impressions thread and then i saw it was from spain, and i loved Pans Labyrinth, one of my favorite movies of all time, which i also have in hd....too bad the total comes too a whopping 25320 yen :O roughly 238 dollars after shipping

soup
Old 02-28-2008, 08:18 AM

alright thanks for your help guys, i just decided to bite the bullet and get BoB, Equilibrium, and Fragile....kannisto singlehandedly convinved me to spend like 235 dollars lol....now i just cant wait to enjoy them all

soup
Old 02-28-2008, 09:21 AM

I was gonna recommend Fragile buy you already bought it I don't think you'll be disappointed, it's one of the better import discs from Japan.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
dang, your gonna be the end of me kannisto, i might end up buying equilibrium, BoB, and Fragile....yeah the reason i dont like most horror films as that they never scare me, and for the most part the are awful movies, but if i get what your saying its that fragile is a good film? the only reason i even looked into was from you impressions thread and then i saw it was from spain, and i loved Pans Labyrinth, one of my favorite movies of all time, which i also have in hd....too bad the total comes too a whopping 25320 yen :O roughly 238 dollars after shipping

soup
I sure hope you like the lot Seems I have some talent as a salesman
That's an impressive single order!

I just got my monthly Visa bill and it was 140 000 yen or so, and when I look at the items, it's mainly HD DVDs from U.S., Japan, Holland and Poland... Need to gain control over the habit I didn't remember I bought so much stuff over that period.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:14 AM

my visa has surprised me few times too if the last couple monts, ive bought probably 30 hd dvd's from different places in that time, and i need to stop, lol, im going broke..but the way i look at it, there is worse ting i could be addicted too