Death Sentence Up Early At Exploited!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-25-2008, 10:50 PM

Default Death Sentence Up Early At Exploited!!

Just a heads up for anybody interested in buying this.
The release date was FEBRUARY 27, but looks like Tony got it in early!!

Just put in my order.

http://exploitedcinema.com/catalog/d...e-p-13531.html

Peace all
Old 02-26-2008, 12:07 AM

thanks, ordered it
Old 02-26-2008, 02:11 AM

do u know if it the unrated version that came out on sd-dvd
Old 02-26-2008, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannondrive View Post
do u know if it the unrated version that came out on sd-dvd
From what the add says up on Exploited it's the Theatrical version. This is a blind buy for me, so I couldn't tell how much more violence was added to the unrated Standard DVD?

Doesn't really matter to me I will take a 1080p Hi-def Theatrical version over any 480p Standard DVD unrated version.

Peace

Last edited by REDBULL74; 02-26-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:03 PM

Make sure you update us with your PQ/AQ impressions.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:24 PM

Might get this soon, hadn't really seen much about it, but from just reading up on it for a minute I think I will get it.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:28 PM

I might be picking this one up as well.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:48 PM

If you haven't seen the movie you may not want to read this, so I put the spoiler warnings up. I haven't seen it, and haven't read it myself, lol.

Here are the differences between the Theatrical and Unrated versions:

Spoiler
What are the differences between the theatrical and unrated versions?

In the theatrical version, it cuts to Brendan and Luke bickering while eating dinner after the opening office scene with Nick and Owen. In the unrated version, after the office scene, a new scene is added. Luke is sent to Helen, who works as a dean at his school, for telling a teacher to shove a laser pointer up his ass. She says that he's going to be in trouble, and Luke says that he'll do anything but community service. Because he says this, Helen recommends he signs as a volunteer for a dance at an elderly home. He refuses, and when Helen sees Brendan outside with his hockey teammates, she says that Luke can be the new bag boy for the team. Luke says that he'll volunteer to do the old people's dance and leaves. Then it cuts to the boys bickering at dinner.

In the theatrical version, Bodie walks over to Billy, who's in the chapel of the mental asylum. He asks him "are we going to do this?" as Billy searches through Nick's briefcase. Billy looks at the cross in the chapel, and it cuts to Nick sitting nervously in his office. In the unrated version, when Bodie asks Billy "are we going to do this?", Billy looks at a chair that has Joe's red leather jacket. Billy wears his jacket and the gang walks down the street to their local funeral home. The clerk is adding up how much it will cost them for the funeral service and burial, but Billy is adamant that Joe's corpse is to be cremated. The gang members harass the clerk to make sure that Billy gets his way. The clerk says that their total is $700, and Billy takes out $200 from Nick's wallet and throws the bills at his face, saying that the price is $200. Billy then looks through the pictures in Nick's wallet of his family, and Bodie asks him if he's thought of something. Billy gives Bodie Nick's wallet and then the gang leaves from the funeral home. As they do, Bones happens to drives by and so he stops. He yells at the entire gang for making news in the newspaper about a possible gang war. He also yells at them for not doing the jobs he's sent them to do and not paying him. Bones says that they get to stop when he kills them. He then spits gum on Billy and kisses his head. As Bones walks away, Billy says that they're going to burn Joe. Bones says "well, he's the lucky one, ain't he?"

In the unrated version, there is additional dialogue in the stairway scene between Nick and Helen (the night they are attacked by the gang). Helen says "I can't agree with what you've done. But I know why you did it" before telling him that she loves him.

In the theatrical version, the film ends with the wounded Nick watching home videos of his family, leaving Nick's fate unclear. In the unrated version, additional shots are included. While watching the home videos, Nick removes his hand from his neck wound and closes his eyes, presumably dying.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804461/faq
Old 02-27-2008, 10:48 AM

any thoughts on pq/aq? I really want this title and have been holding off for an hd release.