How long does HMV.jp usually take? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-20-2008, 03:00 AM

Default How long does HMV.jp usually take?

I am just curious because I want a backup plan incase I cant get Band of Brothers HD DVD from xploitedcinema.com. Are they fast at all? Is the shipping outrageous? I've never bougth from them before...
Old 02-20-2008, 03:06 AM

If they have all the items in stock they will ship in about 1 day I think. They use EMS to foreign destinations. It takes about 3-4 days to the U.S. I believe shipping cost for 5 discs (like all 5 BoB) discs is either 1680 yen or a bit more than that.

Discs that are not in stock but available for "order" will typically take some 7-10 days before they can ship. Some low availability discs may take longer than that.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:02 AM

I've had a lot of good experiences ordering from HMV.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 AM

So do I. Thats where I recently got my BoB shipment from. I believe it was around $156 US including shipping. Took over a week due to one of the discs needing to be ordered. Ordered I think the 2nd week of January and had them in my hands the first week of Feb.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:33 PM

I think I got my BoB set in about 3 days. I was so suprised. Unfortunetly they are out of stock of 3 and 4. I'm still waiting for those.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:15 PM

How do you guys figure out how to order through them?

I'm interested in Equilibrium, but I couldn't follow the Japanese text on the pages.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
How do you guys figure out how to order through them?

I'm interested in Equilibrium, but I couldn't follow the Japanese text on the pages.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/index.asp?lang=en

There is usually an english link around the left side of the page. On some pages it's at the top and some pages it's at the bottom. LOL, I ordered Equilibrium yesterday and went to check on it today and couldn't find it. After about 20 minutes and the help section, apparently I somehow didn't finish ordering it cause it never showed in my order history and help section also states you should get an email, which I didn't get. So I had to order it again, and it went through this time. Glad I caught that now rather than a week
Old 02-21-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-DVD_4_Me View Post
http://www.hmv.co.jp/index.asp?lang=en

There is usually an english link around the left side of the page. On some pages it's at the top and some pages it's at the bottom.
Ah, thanks - that does make it a bit easier.

I can handle French, Spanish and a little German, but the Kanji was . . . . well, Greek to me.

One more question: The titles are listed as "Normal Order" or "24 Hr". I'm guessing "Normal Order" means In Stock?
Old 02-21-2008, 10:54 AM

Yes Normal means "in stock to ship immediately".
Old 02-25-2008, 04:50 AM

Hmm... interesting HD-DVDs on the HMV Jp site.

Anybody know if the those "Virtual Trip" disks are any good ?

The aerial view of nighttime Tokyo sounds like it might be cool.

Sorry, I have no idea - how much is 3,948 Yen in US$, and much extra is is for shipping ?

I notice that each HD-DVD shows 2 prices - I'm assuming that first is normal price and second is sale price ?

Thx