Whats up with Feb 19th releases on xploited? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-19-2008, 11:14 AM

Default Whats up with Feb 19th releases on xploited?

I ordered Resvoir Dogs from xploited the sunday before the tuesday that it was released... Yet i have been waiting to see

Home of the Brave (Holland, DFW) (19-Feb)
The Messengers (Holland, DFW) (19-Feb)
Rescue Dawn (Holland, DFW) (19-Feb)
Tristan & Isolde (Holland, DFW (19-Feb)
Afro Samurai (Japan, Pony Canyon) (20-Feb)

Anybody have any idea when we might see them?

If no one knows ill just email them, How do they get there releases anyway?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 AM

Best to e-mail Tony and ask regarding the ones you are interested in.

My Afro Samurai, Hero, Tristan & Isolde and Home of the Brave have all shipped from Amazon Japan & Bol.com so all those releases should be on track. I expect to get Afro Samurai tomorrow, I'll post some impressions as soon as I can.

I don't think Xploited has typically got new Japanese releases quite so fast, I think Tony sometimes gets the European ones shipped to him early but sometimes not that early. Usually he seems to get the new European releases fairly close to the release date anyway.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:40 AM

If I could read dutch or Japanese... I would love to order from Bol.com or Amazon Japan. I might check out Amazon Japan tonight when I get off... I am pretty sure I know my way around amazon with needing to read. How much is shipping through Amazon Japan? thats my real worry is shipping costs.

Bol.com is a pain in the ass... I tried it with Resvoir Dogs, I just had to wait for xploited.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 PM

4 of the DFW February releases are up tonight!
Home Of The Brave
The Messengers
Rescue Dawn
Tristan and Isolde
Just ordered them up.

My wallet can't take anymore haha........................I have like over 20+ 's ( US and Imports) ordered and on their way to me.

http://exploitedcinema.com/catalog/p...d3e7823d564ddb

ED
Old 02-19-2008, 11:05 PM

Thanks... I will be placing my order for Rescue Dawn and Tristan and Isolde.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:46 PM

Thanks! Ordered just about all of the 19th releases. I figured I'd leave a few for next week's Xploited order......
Old 02-20-2008, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadrian View Post
If I could read dutch or Japanese... I would love to order from Bol.com or Amazon Japan. I might check out Amazon Japan tonight when I get off... I am pretty sure I know my way around amazon with needing to read. How much is shipping through Amazon Japan? thats my real worry is shipping costs.

Bol.com is a pain in the ass... I tried it with Resvoir Dogs, I just had to wait for xploited.
Amazon Japan's international shipping cost is quite expensive nowadays as they only offer a priority shipping option. I think it's only economical when ordering multiple discs at once. For me it's free as it's domestic, I use them for most of my Japanese disc orders.

Their international shipping rates can be found from this page:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/help/cust...nodeId=1039606

In Amazon Japan you basically need to create a new account when ordering for the first time. At least previously they couldn't utilize Amazon.com account information. Most texts except product related info including Titles is available in English there. Finding the titles you want might be the most difficult part if you don't read Japanese. The links in import sticky may help with that.

Bol.com's shipping is expensive too (19.80 EUR for my 3 disc order). I ordered from there to get Hero as I was expecting that Xploited will not get it due to lack of English subs.

My Afro Samurai has arrived already but I'm at work so I haven't been able to try the disc yet, just saw the tracking info.