Les Gendarmes L'intégrale coffret any body have this yet? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-17-2008, 08:17 PM

Question Les Gendarmes L'intégrale coffret any body have this yet?

Hello all I'm new to HDD fourms. But a regular on AVS (homerx their as well).

Any way i was able to order Les gendarmes L'intégrale boxset off amazon.fr before it went out of stock. My order shipped wendsday.
Id post the URL but I need more posts
My question does any body have or have seen this boxset. I can't seem to find any reviews anywere or for that matter actual pictures of the set. I've tryed a few of the french fourms I overlook from time to time but no one seems to be saying anything yet.

I guess I'm just a little happy to get this as it's only been a few days since shiping but I'm the type that wants it NOW. I should have the set within a week or two as that how long my last few orderss took with basic shiping (faster then amazon.coms free shipping oddly enough)

Any way does any body have this or can they provide pictures of the set.?

Thanks Homerx
Old 02-18-2008, 01:16 AM

Hi Homerx and welcome to this forum! I've seen many of your posts in AVS Forum, and you are most welcome to be around and post here too

I think there are not so many people in this sub-forum who buy French language only titles like this one... I have not seen anybody who would have bought this commenting about it here. There was some short discussion earlier in some thread where Ahsoka was thinking about getting it, not sure if he did though...?

Personally I can only buy French titles that have either English, Finnish or Japanese language support in some form or no important dialogue... My 2 year elementary school French lessons are not sufficient for following French only audio or French subtitles.

Please post your impressions when you get it in in any case!

I copied the entry for it from the import sticky thread's title list here:

Les Gendarmes - L'intégrale (France - M6 Video)
Amazon France $60.56 (€41.80)
Note: Includes 6 movies:
Le Gendarme de St. Tropez (The Gendarme of St. Tropez)
Le Gendarme à New York (The Gendarme in New York)
Le Gendarme se marie (The Gendarme Gets Married)
Le Gendarme en balade (The Gendarme Takes Off)
Le Gendarme et les extra-terrestres (The Gendarme and the Creatures from Outer Space)
Le Gendarme et les gendarmettes (Never Play Clever Again)
Warning: No English audio/subtitles. French only.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:37 AM

Well thanks,
Oddy I'm still learning french so when I get this set I may only understand 10% of what's being spoken. However the movie la grande vadrouille stars the main actor in this set. I found him very funny. Based on the review of the movies them selfs they look very good.
It looks like a lot of the comdey will be some what physcail. I figuire what better way to learn a laguage then to watch movies that are interesting to you rather then the normal one offten seen in classes. such as the dinner game. Which is a great film but I've seen it a few time on HDnet. I have to remmber to record the movie one time it on. Their a DVD of it but I'm hoping a HD-DVD/region free Blu-ray comes.

Anyway, when I get this boxset I will be posting my thoughts here and at AVS import thred. Hope to have the set in a week or two
Old 02-18-2008, 06:55 AM

I wish there were more French movies available on HD DVD with a bit of non-French language support. I've got these so far:

Les Aventuriers (resorted to Japanese audio dub to follow it)
L'armée des ombres (Finnish subs work for me)
La Môme (English subs)

I'm pretty interested in this one, I hope it would have English subs:

L'ennemi intime (Intimate Enemies) (France - M6) (16-Apr)
Amazon France $36.53 (€25.08)
Warning: Audio language is French/Arabic/Kabyle according to IMDB. No info about English subs.
Note: French preview at dvdrama.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:12 AM

Aren't the gendarmes series transferts dodgy ? Let me know. Also give a miss to Les Bronzés box set.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:40 AM

That french magzine in your sig looks interesting. Will I be able get that in the US this june?.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
I think there are not so many people in this sub-forum who buy French language only titles like this one... I have not seen anybody who would have bought this commenting about it here. There was some short discussion earlier in some thread where Ahsoka was thinking about getting it, not sure if he did though...?
No I didn't get Les Gendarmes L´intégrale after all. I used to enjoy watching these movies and I'm very interested to know more about this box especially about the PQ. If it's good I may still get it even though it doesn't have English subtitles.
Noticed that it's in stock at fnac.com for €49,99.

Last edited by ahsoka; 02-18-2008 at 03:22 PM.