Just got Resident Evil 1 (german)....I can't hear anything? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 111
Default Just got Resident Evil 1 (german)....I can't hear anything?

Am I stupid or something? I can get the fim to play in english. I set it on English DTS but the film plays in silence on my reciever. I can hear the english audio on my tv but for some reason it doesn't come out of my reciever. Yet if I watch with audio commentary I can her the commentary through my reciever? Anyone have this problem?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,195
Default

I don't know much about audio but I'd say it's a problem with your receiver set-up, not the disc. Someone else will be able to help you more
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
I don't know much about audio but I'd say it's a problem with your receiver set-up, not the disc. Someone else will be able to help you more
I was thinking that but I haven't had a problem with any of my other HD DVDs. All the extras play fine though.... This is my first import.

thanks for the comment.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,195
Default

It depends on how many types of audio you've tried out. Dolby Digital Plus might play fine however your receiver may not be set up to handle DTS-HD.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 111
Default

What do you mean how many types of audio? Can I pick different ones on RE disc? I know my receiver doenst have DTS-HD but I have the a3 set to pcm and it plays all of my other 20 something HD DVDs flawlessly? Seems strange to me.

thanks for tips jester
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,195
Default

Well like I said I don't really know much about this. I don't have a receiver and never have in the past. I just know that DTS-HD is the only audio track on the RE German import and here in the states I don't think there has ever been a disc that didn't have a standard DD+ track. Granted there might be a higher resolution audio track included but the DD+ is still always there. This isn't the convention in Europe. If this is the first import that you've tried to play then I'd say you've identified your problem because you've probably been using DD+ up until now.

I just looked at my disc and it looks like the commentary track is DD which is why you are able to hear it. Maybe you should list what receiver you're using and how you have it hooked up along with a list of how you have your settings right now. Maybe someone with more knowledge will be able to use that to help you. This of course assumes that your receiver will be able to output DTS-HD in the first place. You should find that out too
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
Well like I said I don't really know much about this. I don't have a receiver and never have in the past. I just know that DTS-HD is the only audio track on the RE German import and here in the states I don't think there has ever been a disc that didn't have a standard DD+ track. Granted there might be a higher resolution audio track included but the DD+ is still always there. This isn't the convention in Europe. If this is the first import that you've tried to play then I'd say you've identified your problem because you've probably been using DD+ up until now.

I just looked at my disc and it looks like the commentary track is DD which is why you are able to hear it. Maybe you should list what receiver you're using and how you have it hooked up along with a list of how you have your settings right now. Maybe someone with more knowledge will be able to use that to help you. This of course assumes that your receiver will be able to output DTS-HD in the first place. You should find that out too
yep you are right that has to be it damn...I wonder what the japenese version has on it.

thanks jester
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-16-2008, 09:47 PM
kannisto's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplej96 View Post
yep you are right that has to be it damn...I wonder what the japenese version has on it.

thanks jester
Original English audio is only available with a DTS-HD audio track on the Japanese Resident Evil release (at 2046 Kbps, 16bit). A DD+ commentary track is also included.

Here's the earlier impressions thread on it:
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=31529
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
Original English audio is only available with a DTS-HD audio track on the Japanese Resident Evil release (at 2046 Kbps, 16bit). A DD+ commentary track is also included.

Here's the earlier impressions thread on it:
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=31529
Damn thanks for the heads up. Are most imports like this do you know?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-16-2008, 10:45 PM
The_Doctor's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplej96 View Post
What do you mean how many types of audio? Can I pick different ones on RE disc? I know my receiver doenst have DTS-HD but I have the a3 set to pcm and it plays all of my other 20 something HD DVDs flawlessly? Seems strange to me.

thanks for tips jester
doesn't the a3 change things to dd?.. Oh wait, you using PCM, humm.
Can you try using optical output? That might help.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Resident Evil Trilogy' $22.99 and 'Resident Evil' movies $9.99 each at Amazon Landy Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 1 09-11-2012 11:49 PM
'See No Evil, Hear No Evil' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 5 01-27-2012 11:38 AM
'Stir Crazy' and 'See No Evil, Hear No Evil' are coming January 24 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 6 09-12-2011 04:02 PM
'Resident Evil Afterlife' & 'Resident Evil Afterlife - 3D' coming December 28 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 13 11-04-2010 03:51 PM
Resident Evil Trilogy Pick up today, let's see if PIP is worth anything bxbailey High Definition Smackdown 124 01-03-2008 09:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off