Does German Underworld HD-DVD have ICT? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-15-2008, 04:56 PM

Default Does German Underworld HD-DVD have ICT?

I noticed another thread where someone mentioned another Concorde Release that had the Image Constraint Token....does anyone know if their release of Underworld 1` has this as well. I was about to order it, but my HDTV is a bit older and doesn't have HDMI, so I'd be downscaled to 540p if this was the case...
Old 02-15-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin The Third View Post
I noticed another thread where someone mentioned another Concorde Release that had the Image Constraint Token....does anyone know if their release of Underworld 1` has this as well. I was about to order it, but my HDTV is a bit older and doesn't have HDMI, so I'd be downscaled to 540p if this was the case...
I think the ICT token has only been used in some Constanin/Highlight releases like Resident Evil, but not on any Concorde release. Which title was it that you saw mentioned? In my understanding there are no Concorde titles using ICT and Underworld is a popular title so there would have probably been some threads about this topic if it had ICT, either here or in AVS Forum.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
I think the ICT token has only been used in some Constanin/Highlight releases like Resident Evil, but not on any Concorde release. Which title was it that you saw mentioned? In my understanding there are no Concorde titles using ICT and Underworld is a popular title so there would have probably been some threads about this topic if it had ICT, either here or in AVS Forum.
Hmmm...I think maybe I was confusing Concorde with C/H now that you mention it.....

I noticed your comments in the other thread about the Japanese version...you mentioned that the image was a bit grainy on the Japanese release...does the German cut have less of this? Personally I can't stand film grain and it's abundance on HD transfers is the one thing I dislike about the format, so if one version shows less than the other I'd definitely want to go with that one.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin The Third View Post
Hmmm...I think maybe I was confusing Concorde with C/H now that you mention it.....

I noticed your comments in the other thread about the Japanese version...you mentioned that the image was a bit grainy on the Japanese release...does the German cut have less of this? Personally I can't stand film grain and it's abundance on HD transfers is the one thing I dislike about the format, so if one version shows less than the other I'd definitely want to go with that one.
I didn't notice any difference in grain levels between the Japanese and German releases, but I didn't watch the German in full as I watched the Japanese first. I then peeked through the German release (extended cut) to try and find out which parts were not included in the Japanese version (theatrical). It's not that grainy overall but the low light scenes have some noticeable grain. I don't have any problem with it if it looks natural though. I thought it looked fine in Underworld.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:50 PM

Mine plays fine in 720p and 1080i. I don't have a 1080p set, but I know it doesn't restraint it 480.