CRANK import Subtitle question??? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-04-2008, 01:45 AM
REDBULL74's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,075
Default CRANK import Subtitle question???

I got this last week, but can't seem to figure out how to shut off the subtitles???? Are they forced on??
The transfer looks amazing, but the subtitles remaining really is pissing me off.

Come on Kannisto i'm pretty sure you know the the answer to it?



ED
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-04-2008, 02:47 AM
kannisto's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBULL74 View Post
I got this last week, but can't seem to figure out how to shut off the subtitles???? Are they forced on??
The transfer looks amazing, but the subtitles remaining really is pissing me off.

Come on Kannisto i'm pretty sure you know the the answer to it?



ED
I hadn't yet tried my disc, but I did now

"Einstellungen" in the main menu has audio and subtitles options.
Select "Englisch DTS HD 5.1" in the Audio ("Ton") menu there and press right navigation key to get the subtitles menu. Select "AUS" there. Remove menu (pressing menu key) and start the movie from "Filmstart" in main menu.

Worked at least in my player.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-04-2008, 03:24 PM
REDBULL74's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
I hadn't yet tried my disc, but I did now

"Einstellungen" in the main menu has audio and subtitles options.
Select "Englisch DTS HD 5.1" in the Audio ("Ton") menu there and press right navigation key to get the subtitles menu. Select "AUS" there. Remove menu (pressing menu key) and start the movie from "Filmstart" in main menu.

Worked at least in my player.
Kannisto you're the man!

Much appreciated....!!


Ed
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-05-2008, 12:02 AM
REDBULL74's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,075
Default

Just watched the Import of CRANK and was simply blown away by this transfer!! Hands down this has got to be the best transfer I have ever witnessed. The actually looks better then the and to top it off it's the EXTENDED CUT!!

I'm getting rid of my version immediately haha


guys u gotta get this.




ED
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 AM
DCSholtis's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,352
Default

I'm going to. I'll use the 2nd PAL disc as a drink coaster.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-05-2008, 12:37 AM
kannisto's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
I'm going to. I'll use the 2nd PAL disc as a drink coaster.
The 2nd disc has "F**k You" (not a censored version) written on it in large letters as disc art. Kind of strange design. Might not be nice art for a drink coaster

I can watch it with my multiregion upscaling NTSC+PAL DVD player in any case, or on computer. Haven't watched it yet though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-05-2008, 12:47 AM
DCSholtis's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
The 2nd disc has "F**k You" (not a censored version) written on it in large letters as disc art. Kind of strange design. Might not be nice art for a drink coaster

I can watch it with my multiregion upscaling NTSC+PAL DVD player in any case, or on computer. Haven't watched it yet though.
Hmmm good idea about watching it on a computer, never thought about that. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-05-2008, 05:01 PM
LinkinPrime's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 257
Default

FYI you can also scroll through the subtitles on your remote until they are off.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-05-2008, 05:05 PM
HD-DVD_4_Me's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
Hmmm good idea about watching it on a computer, never thought about that. Thanks!!
I just got my copy in today Can't wait to get home and see it.

BTW for the 2nd disc that's PAL only... Just pop it in your PC and make a backup and set the region to 1 for US or 0 for no region. I already decided on doing that with mine, I'm even going to right F You on my backup so it looks authentic
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-05-2008, 05:38 PM
DCSholtis's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-DVD_4_Me View Post
I just got my copy in today Can't wait to get home and see it.

BTW for the 2nd disc that's PAL only... Just pop it in your PC and make a backup and set the region to 1 for US or 0 for no region. I already decided on doing that with mine, I'm even going to right F You on my backup so it looks authentic
I downloaded a neat little Mac app called MacTheRipper. I can strip that region coding off in minutes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Crank/Crank 2: High Voltage' is $10.99 at Amazon Landy Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 4 11-06-2010 02:44 PM
Subtitle question BimboBoy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 7 05-24-2010 04:01 PM
Harry Potter subtitle question Keegs Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 12-21-2007 02:28 PM
Brotherhood of the wolf question about subtitle Zorgul HD DVD Software General Discussion 3 05-23-2007 07:35 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off