Who owns the rights to the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE REMAKES in the US? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-24-2008, 03:46 PM

Default Who owns the rights to the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE REMAKES in the US?

Just was wondering, cause I kinda think these will look great in High Def. The gunshot through the head in the first remake would be classic in Hi def lol. Also Jessica Biels butt in those jeans, Damn!! Who owns the rights to the 2 remakes???

Thanks
Old 01-24-2008, 06:06 PM

Don't get my hopes up. I'd love a good horror movie in HD. The Decent, Holloween, Texas Chainsaw... please, please, please.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:37 PM

I believe New Line Cinema owns the rights here in the states but Focus Features (Which I believe is a part of Universal) owns the rights everywhere else.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:11 PM

Sweet!................I guess I can pray for an import release on HD DVD at some time?
Release them Universal Internationally!

Ed
Old 01-24-2008, 10:48 PM

I would like the last one TCSM:The beginning with Jordanna Brewster
Old 01-25-2008, 12:49 AM

I hate to sound mean but is it that hard to grab the movie off the shelf and look at the spine or credits on the back, these threads get very old, I understand a little more about imports because some people dont know you can go to imdb.com and look it up and it can be a little hard to decipher, but damn. LOOK AT YOUR CASE. If you love the movie enough to buy it in HD you most likely own it in SD.

"And that folks is what really grinds my gears"
Old 01-25-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressivemx View Post
I hate to sound mean but is it that hard to grab the movie off the shelf and look at the spine or credits on the back, these threads get very old, I understand a little more about imports because some people dont know you can go to imdb.com and look it up and it can be a little hard to decipher, but damn. LOOK AT YOUR CASE. If you love the movie enough to buy it in HD you most likely own it in SD.

"And that folks is what really grinds my gears"
That is all very well and good and i always look at IMDB for disribution and stuff but if you dont know what companys are actually doing HD-DVD abroad it still dont help.

There are people on here who are fairly clued up about this stuff so it makes sense to ask if your not completly sure.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:36 AM

Where exactly would you find this info on imdb.com? I often wonder about imports, but don't like to ask here. Everytime I click for info on DVD's it takes you to amazon.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
Where exactly would you find this info on imdb.com? I often wonder about imports, but don't like to ask here. Everytime I click for info on DVD's it takes you to amazon.
Once you found the movie you want scroll down to additional details and click on more next to the company name
Old 01-25-2008, 09:51 AM

Would be great if we ever do get some TCSM on HD-DVD. Horror movies are my favorite and what really got me into buying movies in the first place. It's hard being a horror fan and HDM lover now, I can't go back and buy SD-DVDs and I know it will be years before we even see a lot of the old horror flicks converted to HD (whether it be HD-DVD or Blu-Ray). Sadly I don't think we will see many horror movies until the war is over, and unfortunately if Blu-Ray wins I won't get to enjoy them (I'm not going Blu, ever).

Reminds me, Seed of Chucky might need to be my next buy.

BTW, my SD-DVD is collection: I have about 150 SD-DVDs and out of those, about 110 at least are horror. Out of my HD-DVD collection of 44 ATM, only 8 are horror movies, and that kinda stretching it considering some of them are more crime/drama/thriller than they are horror. I'd love to buy more, but there really isn't anything out there for us horror lovers.