Great news for Lovers of Polish Films!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-23-2008, 08:51 AM

Default Great news for Lovers of Polish Films!!!

LOL!

This is actually good news for all lovers of foreign cinema because of HD DVDs lack of region coding. The 2007 Polish films "Testoteron" and "Swiadek Koronny" are headed to HD DVD!

www.hddvdformat.blogspot.com
Old 01-23-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
LOL!

This is actually good news for all lovers of foreign cinema because of HD DVDs lack of region coding. The 2007 Polish films "Testoteron" and "Swiadek Koronny" are headed to HD DVD!

They are already released in Poland, I put in my order at e-dvd.pl (my first order there) this morning, and I got an e-mail later during the day saying that my order was already "realized", which might mean they already shipped - not sure though. I added them to "Titles Available for Order" in the import sticky yesterday as well. I'll make an impressions thread when I get them

It's nice to get some foreign local films on HD DVD from various countries. Much more interesting than the average mainstream stuff from Hollywood, seriously

I applaud them for including English subtitles!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:43 AM

I'm actually looking forward to these, as well as some older Polish releases. English subs are a nice touch, that way my gf stops complaining that she can't understand the movie as I sit and enjoy
Old 01-23-2008, 12:05 PM

actually I didn't even think about the fact they might not have English subs. That would have been embarrasing.
good for me though, they do. YEA!!
Hopefully all foreign releases will begin to follow this trend.
Hopefully maybe these companies are beginning to figure out that it is worth it $$$wise to offer this option. something about wanting actual "sales" maybe?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
LOL!

Anyone know what these movies are about?

Found them both on imdb.com, but no description of the plots, just that Swiadek Koronny is in the Genre:
Action / Crime / Drama / Romance and Testoteron is apparently a comedy?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
Anyone know what these movies are about?

Found them both on imdb.com, but no description of the plots, just that Swiadek Koronny is in the Genre:
Action / Crime / Drama / Romance and Testoteron is apparently a comedy?
They were 100 % "blind buy" for me - I know about as much as you do about them (whatever was in IMDB).

I'll comment on what they are about after I've received and watched them.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:05 PM

This package from Poland arrived yesterday but the postman had taken it back when nobody was home to receive it. I'm planning to pick it up from the post office today. Watch out for impressions on those 2 discs soon
Old 02-02-2008, 02:54 AM

Also available from:

http://www.rockserwis.pl/ProductPres...roductID=88572

Its a bit more expensive from here but there is an English option on their site.