The Orphanage/El Orfanato on HD??? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-21-2008, 05:56 PM

Default The Orphanage/El Orfanato on HD???

I was curious if anyone knew if The Orphanage might come out on HD-DVD? I saw the film last night and it was amazing, probably the best ghost story ever. Anyways, I'm not sure if Picturehouse releases stuff on HD in the US, but given that Warner was in the credits I'm guessing they won't be, but the distribution is according to IMDB is as follows....

* A-Film Distribution (2008) (Netherlands) (theatrical)
* Christal Films (2007) (Canada) (all media)
* Cinema Mondo (2007) (Finland) (theatrical)
* Picturehouse Entertainment (2007) (USA) (theatrical) (subtitled)
* Senator Film (2008) (Germany) (theatrical)
* United International Pictures (UIP) (2008) (Singapore) (theatrical)

Are any of these HD supporters? I'd love to see this film in HD, I honestly haven't seen a scary movie this good in a very very long time.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:00 PM

I do believe that New Line distributed Pan's Labyrinth and if that is an indidcator, then no this one probably won't see HD DVD release, but who knows?

I will be buying this one too.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:02 PM

The.... Movie.... Just..... Came..... OUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

We won't be seeing this movie for sometime, if not at all.

And I think Senator is dropping HD DVD support.

It's a Blu-ray exclusive, whenever it comes out.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:23 AM
formerly "SpazMedicine"

Like jg said, New Line distributes for PictureHouse (both TW companies), so this one will be a Blu Exclu.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:39 AM

With this kind of smaller productions there's more possibility that distributor in some country will support HD DVD as there are lots of different distributors involved. IMDB doesn't often seem to include the distributors for all countries where the movie is being distributed. Still, as this is in Spanish language it's also quite possible that even if there was an eventual HD DVD release in some country, it might still not have English subtitles etc. This seems like something I'd enjoy in any case, I hadn't even heard of this film before.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
With this kind of smaller productions there's more possibility that distributor in some country will support HD DVD as there are lots of different distributors involved. IMDB doesn't often seem to include the distributors for all countries where the movie is being distributed. Still, as this is in Spanish language it's also quite possible that even if there was an eventual HD DVD release in some country, it might still not have English subtitles etc. This seems like something I'd enjoy in any case, I hadn't even heard of this film before.
Yeah...I'm afraid that it will get a release but it'll not have subs...just like the amazing 5 Disc Version of Pan's Labyrinth....