Dutch HD DVD releases from ind. distributors - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-12-2008, 03:38 PM

Default Dutch HD DVD releases from ind. distributors

Here's the list of HD DVD's available from independent Dutch distributors, might be useful if someone wants to import HD DVD's not available in the US/other countries.

Advantage of Dutch releases is that most of the cover art is in english as well as the menu's. They never have forced subs. Price range for most titles is 15-25 euro's.

Released:

Amazing Planet - Distributor: DFW - No US release?
Saw III - Distributor: DFW - US BR only
Flyboys - Distributor: DFW - US BR only
Lord of War - Distributor: DFW - US BR only
Running Scared - Distributor: DFW - No US release (New-Line so no HD-DVD in the US) German version has better PQ
Reservoir Dogs - Distributor: DFW - US BR only
Underworld - Distributor: DFW - US BR only
16 Blocks - Distributor: DFW - US BR + HD DVD

Announced:

1408 (Jan 22) [Directors Cut - tbc] - Distributor: DFW - US BR only
Rescue Dawn (Feb 19) - Distributor: DFW - US BR only
Home Of The Brave (Feb 19) - Distributor: DFW - US BR only
Hero (Feb 19) - Distributor: DFW - US BR announced
The Messengers (Feb 19) - Distributor: DFW - US BR only
Tristan & Isolde (Feb 19) - Distributor: DFW - US BR announced

Retailers:

www.bol.com (Dutch only) - Expensive shipping (+/- 18 euros)
www.freerecordshop.com (English) - Affordable shipping
www.xploitedcinema.com (English) - Affordable shipping
www.nlstore.nl (Dutch only) - Affordable shipping (EUR 6.95)

Will keep this thread updated with any more info.
Note: All above releases are available in the Netherlands as HD DVD and BR.

Last edited by diederik; 01-13-2008 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Added retailers
Old 01-12-2008, 08:32 PM

Thanks for the list Diederik! We also have these included in the "Info on import HD DVD titles" sticky thread (though the Feb 19 releases are not yet listed as pre-orders), but your list makes it easy to see all the Dutch releases as a group.

I'm looking forward to 1408. Just received my first HD DVD packages from Holland this week (from Free Record Shop) and earlier I imported some of the first DFW releases from Xploited Cinema.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:05 PM

Yeah got all DFW releases myself (heck, they were free with my EP-30/A30) - plus the 7 toshiba freebies = 15 free discs

I will also add some Dutch retailers who ship internationally to the first post later.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diederik View Post
Yeah got all DFW releases myself (heck, they were free with my EP-30/A30) - plus the 7 toshiba freebies = 15 free discs

I will also add some Dutch retailers who ship internationally to the first post later.
Yeah, would be good to know if there are even better online shops in Holland than Free Record Shop and Bol.com. I found the shipping cost in Bol.com to be too high, currently my favorite Dutch online store is Free Record Shop thanks to their reasonably cheap prices on specific items and low shipping cost. My two discs from a single order from Free Record Shop arrived in two packages, one took 9 days to come here and the other about 2 weeks and total shipping cost was 4.95 EUR.