Just Orderd Resident Evil 1&2 Also Underworld 1&2 On HD-DVD - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-09-2008, 06:07 PM
SickSol's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 486
Default Resident Evil 1&2 Also Underworld 1&2 On HD-DVD

Just ordered these and they have more titles that aren't released on hd-dvd in the states. Cant wait for them to come in.

xploitedcinema
.com

Last edited by SickSol; 01-09-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Title Revision
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-09-2008, 06:24 PM
MasterChief3624's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 426
Default

This really belongs to the HD-DVD Imports section of the forum.

Sorry to sound a bit rude here, but what is the point of making this topic? To brag?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-09-2008, 06:32 PM
SickSol's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 486
Default

I'm not bragging i am just letting people know that if they have a hd dvd player like I do and want some titles that are only blu ray exclusive then this site is nice. It also is the same for blu ray users. I know i am new here and probably a lot of people already know that but I was just trying to help others out. Sorry i came across and bragging.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2008, 06:54 PM
MasterChief3624's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickSol View Post
I'm not bragging i am just letting people know that if they have a hd dvd player like I do and want some titles that are only blu ray exclusive then this site is nice. It also is the same for blu ray users. I know i am new here and probably a lot of people already know that but I was just trying to help others out. Sorry i came across and bragging.
Argh, sorry. It's definitely my fault for jumping to conclusions.

Welcome to the forum, by the way

There is an HD-DVD Imports Subforum at the top of this page, and it is much appreciated if you keep discussion of imported titles in that forum.

Sorry if I came across as being a dick

Imports Forum:

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Last edited by MasterChief3624; 01-09-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-09-2008, 07:05 PM
SickSol's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 486
Default

I did honestly look for something like that I did not see it (the sub forum) of course I was trying to type find that and the wife was bugging me at the same time.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-09-2008, 08:16 PM
ben1080p's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,520
Default

Trust me,, if theres one place to know of all these titles,, then it would be here..
and you must really believe HD DVD can pull through to get 150 bucks in stuff you can pay half that on BD.(and RE looks wayy better on Blu..trust me, I owned the German import)..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-09-2008, 08:31 PM
kannisto's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
Trust me,, if theres one place to know of all these titles,, then it would be here..
and you must really believe HD DVD can pull through to get 150 bucks in stuff you can pay half that on BD.(and RE looks wayy better on Blu..trust me, I owned the German import)..
Josh Z was of the opinion that there's not much difference in PQ between BD and German HD DVD of Resident Evil and there's of course the Japanese release available as well: http://forums.highdefdigest.com/show...8&postcount=27

I like to avoid those Blu discs myself if Red goods are available

Anyway, I took the liberty of moving this thread to imports subforum.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-09-2008, 10:26 PM
SickSol's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 486
Default

Yeah like I said before if blu ray wins Ill eventually end up getting a dual format player so money wont be wasted but im not ready to throw in the towel just yet for hd dvd.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-09-2008, 11:33 PM
ben1080p's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
Josh Z was of the opinion that there's not much difference in PQ between BD and German HD DVD of Resident Evil and there's of course the Japanese release available as well: http://forums.highdefdigest.com/show...8&postcount=27

I like to avoid those Blu discs myself if Red goods are available

Anyway, I took the liberty of moving this thread w to imports subforum.
well that s great
I just bought on blu an d sold my import..the german release was horrible..

but ill have you know that i am keeping all my import..they have sentimental values ,, such my highly antisipated crank import
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-10-2008, 12:38 AM
kannisto's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
well that s great
I just bought on blu an d sold my import..the german release was horrible..

but ill have you know that i am keeping all my import..they have sentimental values ,, such my highly antisipated crank import
Many say the PQ on the German RE release is not bad at all. Does your HD DVD setup use HDMI or DVI? The German release has ICT flag enabled so the video drops to almost SD level resolution if HDCP is not in use (in my understanding). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCP

I guess if that happens in your setup it may explain why it looks horrible. Just guessing though.

Last edited by kannisto; 01-10-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Save 57% on 'The Resident Evil Collection' and 'Underworld: The Legacy Collection' Landy Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 0 10-06-2013 10:04 AM
'Resident Evil Trilogy' $22.99 and 'Resident Evil' movies $9.99 each at Amazon Landy Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 1 09-11-2012 11:49 PM
'Resident Evil Afterlife' & 'Resident Evil Afterlife - 3D' coming December 28 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 13 11-04-2010 03:51 PM
Underworld & Underworld Evolution $9.99 @ AMZ! igotdvds Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 0 09-02-2009 09:34 AM
WTB: Underworld, Underworld Evolution & FF: Silver Surfer NYRANGERS HD DVD Disc Exchange 2 04-09-2009 08:32 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off