Harry Potter 6 and 7 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 10:25 AM

Default Harry Potter 6 and 7

I don't want to become a Debbie Downer, but I'm really sad about this whole WB exclusivity thing. Part of this is that I just replaced my Harry Potter DVDs with HD DVDs.

Anyway, my question is this; are the last two Harry Potter movies likely to be available as UK HD DVD imports, or am I gonna have to have 5 red and 2 blue boxes on my shelf?
Old 01-05-2008, 11:07 AM

It would be nice if Warner would come out and say that they would cover HD DVD owners for at least these two movies but no one knows what's going to happen.

I'm still debating what I want to do at the moment. In a way, I just want to keep the hd dvd versions considering I got in on the buy 1 get 1 free sale (and missed the bluray sale) but then again I'm not sure what will be the status of both formats in 2009 when Harry Potter 6 will be hitting dvds.

I'm hoping that by then there are still companies putting out dual format players at cheaper prices so it doesn't matter what format the dvds are in but who knows what is going to happen
Old 01-05-2008, 11:23 AM

I never liked the HP movies, but I've bought nearly all of them out of my support for WB and HD DVD, and I will continue to do so, but only on HD DVD. Once their HD DVD support is done and gone with, I will once again start buying DVDs, which, incidently, I just did last night (Neverending Story for $5 up at Wal-Mart).
Old 01-05-2008, 12:28 PM

There is no way I will settle for having the last two in Standard Def. I will be going purple eventually. The biggest gripe is the idea of having two blue cases by five red ones. I'll get over it, but it will be annoying.

What a sad day indeed.

Gotta say though, if this is the biggest of my problems right now, I'm at a good place in my life.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:07 PM

Considering Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was available as an import, I think it is a possibility for sure that both the 6th and 7th films will be released on HD-DVD.

Don't hold your breath, of course, but there is a good chance it will happen.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Considering Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was available as an import, I think it is a possibility for sure that both the 6th and 7th films will be released on HD-DVD.

Don't hold your breath, of course, but there is a good chance it will happen.
Except they were released in the UK under WB too, just took them ages to come out over there in America.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilResident View Post
There is no way I will settle for having the last two in Standard Def. I will be going purple eventually. The biggest gripe is the idea of having two blue cases by five red ones. I'll get over it, but it will be annoying.
You could buy some red cases to put them in.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
You could buy some red cases to put them in.
i like that josh...buy blu and put in red cases....cool!!!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Former Member

i bought all the HP's before the bogo, and 1-3 and 5 are blu, and 4 is hd. but ya know, since i keep them all blu alpha, then all red alpha, it don't look bad at all. even integrated it looks fine. no matter what if you put the reds and blus together, you're gonna have reds next to blus at SOME point......

Having to use 2 different players to play a series is wickedly lame though. see: Evil Dead Trilogy, up till last month Terminator Trilogy.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:11 AM

I got Goblet of Fire from UK earlier, Order of the Phoenix locally from Japan and Prisoner of Azkaban from U.S. Amazon Bogo sale. Kind of a mixed group though all are red. Not so interested in the first 2...

As for 6 and 7, I guess I'll buy them in BD if no HD DVD options available when they come out. HP movies are not my favorite as such but my wife wants to see them and I find the newer ones to be fairly entertaining.