Curse of the Golden Flower - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-19-2007, 01:46 PM

Question Curse of the Golden Flower

Hello...does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Polish release of this film? It seems that only the Polish release offers English, but I have yet to find an English site that offers this film for sale. I tried the polish site listed in this forum's import listing, but in order to purchase you need to register first and not speaking polish I found the site a tad bewildering.

Likewise, if there are any other HD DVD versions of this film that are available that offer English dubbing or better yet English subtitles (with the original mandarin dialog) I would be interested.
Thank you!
Craig (a Gong Li fan )
Old 12-19-2007, 01:51 PM

Since it doesn't look like Xploited has it listed, you can e-mail them and request it and they should be able to get it for you assuming it is out.
btw: It is listed on here as NOT having English subs. Are you sure about that? maybe check again.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:21 PM

According to this site:

areahd.dvdtiefpreise.com

the Polish version offers mandarin, dubbed English, polish voice over and polish subtitles. Not optimal, but better then the french import that only offers mandarin with french subtitles (I speak and read a little french, but not enough to be able to keep up with a movie...only enough to find my way around french websites such as amazon.fr). Thanks for the tip on xploited...I'll give them a try.
Craig
Old 12-20-2007, 09:53 PM

I ordered once (Hannibal Rising) from Merlin.pl myself, it was a bit challenging but I managed to create an account and the order with help of www.poltran.com. It's kind of fun to try and order from a site where you don't understand a word I prefer to use big and well established online shops when ordering from countries where I haven't ordered from before as that should help in avoiding any kind of trouble. Merlin.pl shipped promptly and the disc was packed very well, I would order from there again if there was something must-have (for me) released in Poland again. I haven't ordered from edvd so far though.

Anyway, it may of course be more convenient and easier to get it through Xploited Cinema if Tony can get it for you.