Reservoir Dogs: The Dutch import? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-07-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Reservoir Dogs: The Dutch import?

Anybody here have info or first hand experience with the Dutch import of 'Reservoir Dogs'?

After hearing so much negative or borderline feedback about the Blu-ray transfer, I'm curious about how the Dutch HD model holds up in comparison. So far, I haven't found any reviews online.

Xploited Cinema has it in stock for $26.95, which isn't too bad a price.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:01 PM

I watched it last night. I'm no expert but I would give it a 4 star rating. A good pick up at an excellent price !!!
Old 12-07-2007, 02:06 PM

Thanks for your input. I'm leaning toward the purchase. At $26.95, it's hard to go too far wrong.

Anybody else? Please chime in.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:10 PM

Yep, received mine on Tuesday from Xploited. I was pleasantly surprised with the Reservoir Dogs HD DVD considering some of the problems that the other Dutch releases have been reported with. I would definitely pick it up, if I were you. I'm still holding on to my 10th Anniversary standard DVD, though, for the extra content that it contains.

CC
Old 12-07-2007, 06:09 PM

my only problem was that i had to turn off the dutch subtiltles. Still its a 5 star disc in my opinon.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefunmachine View Post
my only problem was that i had to turn off the dutch subtiltles. Still its a 5 star disc in my opinon.
So sorry for your inconvenience of having to use your thumb.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:50 PM

yeah there is another thread on here regarding this title. It's under "impressions of the Dutch imports" or something like that. The consensus seems to be that "Reservoir Dogs" is definitely worth getting, although I am still waiting to hear from someone who has also seen the Blu-Ray version (which of course is supposed to suck). I'm going to probably go ahead and order this, but I really wish someone would say how much better it is.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
So sorry for your inconvenience of having to use your thumb.
To be fair, the HD DVD player function for toggling subtitles by remote is very badly designed. Most of the time, I have no idea if I'm choosing the right command or not until subtitles start showing up on screen.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
To be fair, the HD DVD player function for toggling subtitles by remote is very badly designed. Most of the time, I have no idea if I'm choosing the right command or not until subtitles start showing up on screen.
Funny you say that because I have a hard time with using the subtitle function button and on screen directions during HD DVD playback. Which sucks for me because at night I generally turn the volume down because we have a light sleeping 1 year old in a small house.

It seems like I have to press the button over and over again until something happens on the screen and by that time Im not sure how I did it exactly because i was button mashing.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:28 AM

And so the great prophecy of Idiocracy slowly comes to pass...