German HD DVD Release of 'The Assassination of Jesse James' Announced - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-28-2007, 03:34 AM

Default German HD DVD Release of 'The Assassination of Jesse James' Announced

German HD DVD Release of 'The Assassination of Jesse James' Announced
Quote:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/theassassinationofjessejames/

German HD DVD Release of The Assassination of Jesse James (2007) will be available to own come February 29, 2008.

Main feature on the disc is presented in 1080p High-Def 2.4:1 with Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1 audio tracks. Refer to this article from AreaDVD.de for further details of this HD DVD release.

Along with Clubland and L.A. Confidential, we expect that Warner will be announcing this title on HD DVD to be released in other countries soon.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:16 AM

just noticed this also. GREAT GREAT news!!! Hooray for non-region coding.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:05 AM

I really wanted to watch this movie in theatres, but I never got around to it. I just hope "Young Guns" comes out as an import, at some point. I'd hit that, too.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:00 PM

Ive heard great things, ill rent it first before I decide to import it.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:07 PM

sounds promising, I love anything that has to do with the old west... like Liqwid, I myself am waiting for a release of Young Guns and Tombstone
Old 11-28-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash View Post
sounds promising, I love anything that has to do with the old west... like Liqwid, I myself am waiting for a release of Young Guns and Tombstone
The guys that brought you Crank, in Germany, may bring us Tombstone!

Universum Film (UFA) (2000) (Germany) (DVD)
Old 11-28-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
The guys that brought you Crank, in Germany, may bring us Tombstone!

Universum Film (UFA) (2000) (Germany) (DVD)
that would be amazing... one of the best Earp bros films I think there is... much better than the Kevin Cosner version. Plus Kilmer was a much better Doc Holiday than Dennis Quaid.

Sorry for stealing the OP's thread...
Old 11-28-2007, 01:46 PM

I saw this movie and it was fantastic - it held me spellbound for its long 3 hour duration. However, I am not so sure of its mass appeal. It is not a typical western but is rather a psychological study of Jesse James and his assassin - and the turmoil they went through. As such, there is very little action and much dialogue and the pacing is masterful, yet very slow for those looking for a western action movie.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
I saw this movie and it was fantastic - it held me spellbound for its long 3 hour duration. However, I am not so sure of its mass appeal. It is not a typical western but is rather a psychological study of Jesse James and his assassin - and the turmoil they went through. As such, there is very little action and much dialogue and the pacing is masterful, yet very slow for those looking for a western action movie.
again, sounds promising... I've watched countess documentaries on Jesse James and such. Anything informative like that always draws me in.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash View Post
again, sounds promising... I've watched countess documentaries on Jesse James and such. Anything informative like that always draws me in.
In that case, I think you will love the movie, same as I did.