Anyone picking up any of the Dutch exclusives out Nov 27th? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-14-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Anyone picking up any of the Dutch exclusives out Nov 27th?

It's already been noted elsewhere that DutchFilmWorks are releasing the likes of Lord Of War, Flyboys ,Underworld, Reservoir Dogs, etc on HD DVD & Blu-Ray on Nov 27th, after slipping from 13th Nov. I've ordered Res Dogs based purely on how good the Dutch SD DVD was, and I might get LOW as well. Anyone grabbing some of these U.S. BD exclusives?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 PM

thanks for the heads up. Resevoir dogs is a must-have
Old 11-14-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
It's already been noted elsewhere that DutchFilmWorks are releasing the likes of Lord Of War, Flyboys ,Underworld, Reservoir Dogs, etc on HD DVD & Blu-Ray on Nov 27th, after slipping from 13th Nov. I've ordered Res Dogs based purely on how good the Dutch SD DVD was, and I might get LOW as well. Anyone grabbing some of these U.S. BD exclusives?
Where did you order it from? That Dutch online store (dvdoutlet)? I'm thinking about Lord of War and Reservoir Dogs. Would like to list them in the Import sticky thread but in my understanding dvdoutlet doesn't ship outside of Holland and Belgium.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:24 PM

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/show...Reservoir+Dogs

I'm waiting for Tony to get them in stock.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/show...Reservoir+Dogs

I'm waiting for Tony to get them in stock.
Yep, in that thread and all others I've seen dvdoutlet has been the only store mentioned as already having it available for pre-order and as far as I know they don't ship outside of Holland and Belgium. Interested in finding out if there is already some other source that has them up for pre-order and ships internationally.

I might get mine from Xploited Cinema as well. Wouldn't mind ordering from Holland either if there was a source that would ship to Japan and without huge shipping costs.

Last edited by kannisto; 11-14-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:10 AM

Yeah, I'd rather get it from Xploited. You seriously can't beat the price and the quick shipping that Xploited offers.

I'll pick up Resevoir Dogs and Lord of War in, maybe, January.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:16 AM

Im stull looking for an announcment for Crank in Germany..the same article that announced these flicks also announced it for Dec. 3rd!!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:59 AM

If tony gets the saw movies i will most likely pick them up
Old 11-15-2007, 02:11 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion that Dogs will have a great picture or pretty good one. Hopefully all combo owners will pick up the HD DVD in the process since the domestic one here is suppose to look awful. Credit Lion's Gate for making their value as a BR exclusive studio in terms of offering catalog titles almost totally worthless.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
Yeah, I'd rather get it from Xploited. You seriously can't beat the price and the quick shipping that Xploited offers.

I'll pick up Resevoir Dogs and Lord of War in, maybe, January.
I agree when it comes to US customers, but their international shipping can be slower. It takes about 2 weeks for my packages from there to Tokyo.

After some Googling I found a reliable looking Dutch source for these that ships abroad and the price of the discs there was 19.99 EUR each. I pre-ordered Reservoir Dogs and Lord of War from there after struggling a bit with Dutch language and Babelfish

Shipping cost to Japan was way too expensive though but I went ahead anyway, got to try them at least once. 19.80 EUR total shipping cost for these two, seems there was only one shipping method available to Asia.

http://www.nl.bol.com/is-bin/INTERSH...nity/eCS/Store