Becoming Jane (UK import) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-14-2007, 08:53 AM

Default Becoming Jane (UK import)

Received "Becoming Jane" today from Amazon UK. I hope my wife likes it

I took some quick peeks and PQ looks really great, must be 4.5 or 5 stars!

Specs:
Video: VC-1 (High Definition 1080p) OAR (2.35 : 1)
Audio: DTS HD English
Subtitles: Optional English (for the hearing impaired)

Special features listed in the back:
- Commentary with Julian Jarrold, Kevin Hood and Robert Bernstein
- Behind the Scenes
- Regency Dance Featurette
- Hair, Make-up & Costume Design Featurette
- Filming the Cricket Scene
- Filming the Boxing Scenes
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailer
- Photo Gallery

Some pics too:

Old 09-17-2007, 08:24 AM

Exclamation

You already have this?!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon View Post
I'm surprised too, quite an early release...
Old 09-17-2007, 08:41 AM

Release date was 10th of September in UK, got mine shipped from there on release day

Copied the entry for this from the import sticky here:

Becoming Jane (UK release)
Amazon UK $32.17 (15.95)
Sendit.com $33.89 (16.89)
Old 09-17-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
Release date was 10th of September in UK, got mine shipped from there on release day

Copied the entry for this from the import sticky here:

Becoming Jane (UK release)
Amazon UK $32.17 (15.95)
Sendit.com $33.89 (16.89)
I just can't understand why most HD DVD import's, aside from the Studio Canal releases, seem to lack Lossless audio. With Japanese HD DVD's it seems NONE of them sport Lossless, at least the exclusive stuff, to that market I mean.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
I just can't understand why most HD DVD import's, aside from the Studio Canal releases, seem to lack Lossless audio. With Japanese HD DVD's it seems NONE of them sport Lossless, at least the exclusive stuff, to that market I mean.
There are a couple of Japan exclusive HD DVD releases that have lossless audio: Patlabor (PCM and TrueHD), Patlabor 2 (PCM and TrueHD) and Naqoyqatsi (PCM).

I think lossless audio is more important from marketing point of view in some markets than in others. Even the big Hollywood studios (Warner, Universal, Paramount) are only now starting to use it more constantly.

As for Japan, most consumers in cities don't typically have big home cinema setups as they live in space restricted apartments and audio volume has to be kept in check due to neighbors etc. Lossless audio hasn't really caught on big time as a marketing tool here as far as I can see. Most consumers here wouldn't really get any major benefit from it. I think this may be one reason why there is not so much focus on lossless audio in Japanese releases.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon View Post
lol that was my reaction i saw anne hathaway promoting this on conan and leno only like 2-3 weeks ago
Old 09-18-2007, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
There are a couple of Japan exclusive HD DVD releases that have lossless audio: Patlabor (PCM and TrueHD), Patlabor 2 (PCM and TrueHD) and Naqoyqatsi (PCM).

I think lossless audio is more important from marketing point of view in some markets than in others. Even the big Hollywood studios (Warner, Universal, Paramount) are only now starting to use it more constantly.

As for Japan, most consumers in cities don't typically have big home cinema setups as they live in space restricted apartments and audio volume has to be kept in check due to neighbors etc. Lossless audio hasn't really caught on big time as a marketing tool here as far as I can see. Most consumers here wouldn't really get any major benefit from it. I think this may be one reason why there is not so much focus on lossless audio in Japanese releases.
Ok understood. However what about the Gaijin like me who are interested in getting it in Anime or other Japanese film's, perhaps Horror. I mean I hope when "Fate Stay/Night" FINALLY hits HD disc media it will be with a Lossless track. Btw I would buy it on the spot if Geneon released it on HD so STOP being idiot's Geneon!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:37 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Is this releasing in the us in high def? If not I will def import this.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:51 AM
Banned

Ugh... can't stand those UK HD DVD cases. Not to mention the huge, ugly ratings they use.