Becoming Jane (UK import) - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-14-2007, 08:53 AM
kannisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,590
Default Becoming Jane (UK import)

Received "Becoming Jane" today from Amazon UK. I hope my wife likes it

I took some quick peeks and PQ looks really great, must be 4.5 or 5 stars!

Specs:
Video: VC-1 (High Definition 1080p) OAR (2.35 : 1)
Audio: DTS HD English
Subtitles: Optional English (for the hearing impaired)

Special features listed in the back:
- Commentary with Julian Jarrold, Kevin Hood and Robert Bernstein
- Behind the Scenes
- Regency Dance Featurette
- Hair, Make-up & Costume Design Featurette
- Filming the Cricket Scene
- Filming the Boxing Scenes
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailer
- Photo Gallery

Some pics too:


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Xylon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 183
Exclamation

You already have this?!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon View Post
You already have this?!!!!
I'm surprised too, quite an early release...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-17-2007, 08:41 AM
kannisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,590
Default

Release date was 10th of September in UK, got mine shipped from there on release day

Copied the entry for this from the import sticky here:

Becoming Jane (UK release)
Amazon UK $32.17 (15.95)
Sendit.com $33.89 (16.89)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
Release date was 10th of September in UK, got mine shipped from there on release day

Copied the entry for this from the import sticky here:

Becoming Jane (UK release)
Amazon UK $32.17 (15.95)
Sendit.com $33.89 (16.89)
I just can't understand why most HD DVD import's, aside from the Studio Canal releases, seem to lack Lossless audio. With Japanese HD DVD's it seems NONE of them sport Lossless, at least the exclusive stuff, to that market I mean.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
kannisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
I just can't understand why most HD DVD import's, aside from the Studio Canal releases, seem to lack Lossless audio. With Japanese HD DVD's it seems NONE of them sport Lossless, at least the exclusive stuff, to that market I mean.
There are a couple of Japan exclusive HD DVD releases that have lossless audio: Patlabor (PCM and TrueHD), Patlabor 2 (PCM and TrueHD) and Naqoyqatsi (PCM).

I think lossless audio is more important from marketing point of view in some markets than in others. Even the big Hollywood studios (Warner, Universal, Paramount) are only now starting to use it more constantly.

As for Japan, most consumers in cities don't typically have big home cinema setups as they live in space restricted apartments and audio volume has to be kept in check due to neighbors etc. Lossless audio hasn't really caught on big time as a marketing tool here as far as I can see. Most consumers here wouldn't really get any major benefit from it. I think this may be one reason why there is not so much focus on lossless audio in Japanese releases.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Clear's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon View Post
You already have this?!!!!
lol that was my reaction i saw anne hathaway promoting this on conan and leno only like 2-3 weeks ago
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2007, 12:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
There are a couple of Japan exclusive HD DVD releases that have lossless audio: Patlabor (PCM and TrueHD), Patlabor 2 (PCM and TrueHD) and Naqoyqatsi (PCM).

I think lossless audio is more important from marketing point of view in some markets than in others. Even the big Hollywood studios (Warner, Universal, Paramount) are only now starting to use it more constantly.

As for Japan, most consumers in cities don't typically have big home cinema setups as they live in space restricted apartments and audio volume has to be kept in check due to neighbors etc. Lossless audio hasn't really caught on big time as a marketing tool here as far as I can see. Most consumers here wouldn't really get any major benefit from it. I think this may be one reason why there is not so much focus on lossless audio in Japanese releases.
Ok understood. However what about the Gaijin like me who are interested in getting it in Anime or other Japanese film's, perhaps Horror. I mean I hope when "Fate Stay/Night" FINALLY hits HD disc media it will be with a Lossless track. Btw I would buy it on the spot if Geneon released it on HD so STOP being idiot's Geneon!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-18-2007, 02:37 AM
Blu-News.com's Avatar
Always SpartanJohnson
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,543
Default

Is this releasing in the us in high def? If not I will def import this.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-18-2007, 02:51 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,580
Default

Ugh... can't stand those UK HD DVD cases. Not to mention the huge, ugly ratings they use.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Becoming Jane / Jane Eyre' is coming September 11 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 06-29-2012 04:14 PM
'Becoming Jane' - pre-release buzz PeterB Blu-ray Software General Discussion 4 02-09-2008 11:15 AM
Becoming Jane: Region 2? Voodoo_Papa HD DVD Software General Discussion 3 10-28-2007 12:45 PM
Becoming Jane - Sept 10 - Amazon U.k. Brad1963 HD DVD Software General Discussion 1 08-23-2007 02:02 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off