New Toshiba HD-A35 User! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2010, 04:57 PM

Default New Toshiba HD-A35 User!

We just had a badass set-up installed in our media room. A Pioneer 60" Kudo, Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray, Marantz S7002 receiver, and a surround sound speaker set-up.

I have a few HD-DVDs (my pc has a combo bluray/hd dvd drive) so I decided to try and procure a HD DVD player so I could play them on the set-up (plus they are so damn cheap to buy too).

I found a Toshiba HD-A35 on Craigslist. It looks great!

I had Transformers, The Departed, and Pan's Labyrinth I bought about a year ago and I've been trying out the system.

I can't see the difference between blu-ray and at these prices, I don't care!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
We just had a badass set-up installed in our media room. A Pioneer 60" Kudo, Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray, Marantz S7002 receiver, and a surround sound speaker set-up.

I have a few HD-DVDs (my pc has a combo bluray/hd dvd drive) so I decided to try and procure a HD DVD player so I could play them on the set-up (plus they are so damn cheap to buy too).

I found a Toshiba HD-A35 on Craigslist. It looks great!

I had Transformers, The Departed, and Pan's Labyrinth I bought about a year ago and I've been trying out the system.

I can't see the difference between blu-ray and at these prices, I don't care!
Most reviews I have ever read have indicated no difference in video quality between blu-ray and hd-dvd. And most of my personal viewing seems to agree with that (although I have not bothered to purchase the same title in both formats to critically compare). More titles have lossless audio tracks on blu-ray than hd-dvd due to the additional space on the media, offering an advantage in audio quality - although many folks have debated that also as being mostly only marginally improved.
Enjoy your A35 and HD-DVD titles . . bbbluhhhhdvd