Using a Toshiba HD-XA2 in U.K - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-05-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Using a Toshiba HD-XA2 in U.K

Wondering if anyone is using this Toshiba player in the U.K using a stepdown converter?
I set up the player & have had it working fine(but only for a max of 10 minutes) but it goes into standby of it`s own accord for no apparent reason .I thought it may be a ventilation problem but i have since put the player away from any other appliance so this is not the problem.Was wondering if anyone had experienced any problems with this player?

2.Took the player down to my local dealer who had it running all day in the shop no problem at all,hooked up straight into a panasonic plasma.Took it home,put it on a shelf above,away from amp etc,connected it back up & the prob is still there.Even bought a longer hdmi lead & connected it straight into the t.v,but still the same result.My equipment is as follows:

sony kdl x2000u lcd t.v
onkyo tx sr674e amp
toshiba hd-xa2
stepdown transformer
connected with hdmi cables
This is really starting to get frustrating,i can`t think what is wrong,the transformer is ok,the ventilation is ok & i think it is connected ok.Is it possible that there could be some sort of conflict between my equipment.
Would really appreciate any help & suggestions.
Cheers guys.