A2 playback problems - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-16-2009, 03:49 PM

Question A2 playback problems

I placed this in the software section, but I think it is more of a hardware issue.

I just received the T2 Steelbook edition and Death Proof the other day, and I went to play them and both movies did not play. On the screen it said "Failed to verify content. Playback stopped".

I have a HD-A2 with 1.3 firmware. I am thinking that all I have to do is update the firmware. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that some web-enabled content disc need newer firmware to operate correctly. I have tried with other US web-enabled movies and those worked fine. I also tried my other non web-enabled movies, both domestic and foreign, and those worked.

Also, if all I have to do is update, can I still do it with the A2 connected to the interent or do I have to make a ISO cd or should I call Toshiba for a firmware disc?

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres546 View Post
I placed this in the software section, but I think it is more of a hardware issue.

I just received the T2 Steelbook edition and Death Proof the other day, and I went to play them and both movies did not play. On the screen it said "Failed to verify content. Playback stopped".

I have a HD-A2 with 1.3 firmware. I am thinking that all I have to do is update the firmware. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that some web-enabled content disc need newer firmware to operate correctly. I have tried with other US web-enabled movies and those worked fine. I also tried my other non web-enabled movies, both domestic and foreign, and those worked.

Also, if all I have to do is update, can I still do it with the A2 connected to the interent or do I have to make a ISO cd or should I call Toshiba for a firmware disc?

Thanks everyone!
Pretty sure with that message "Failed to verify content. Playback stopped" a firmware update is what you need. It might not be caused by the web enabled content on T2 steelbook, but by newer AACS encryption keys on the discs that your older firmware doesn't have. Yes, you can update your player directly connected to the internet, or if it's easier, you can download the most recent version and burn it to CD -

http://tacp.toshiba.com/tacpassets-i...ngfirmware.asp
Old 04-16-2009, 06:59 PM

CochiseGuy thanks so much for the advice. I already ordered the cd from toshiba earlier today on my lunch break. Later on tonight I am going to drag the player down to my office and hook it up and update it. I never thought about the AACS encryption, which probably explains Death Proof's problem.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:58 AM

I tried to update through the internet last night, and when the player reached 40/40, on the screen it then said "Can not find out server." I tried multiple times afterwards but I still get the same message. I checked my settings, and I have both DNS and DHCP clicked to on, and they both display numbers (not all zeros).

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres546 View Post
I tried to update through the internet last night, and when the player reached 40/40, on the screen it then said "Can not find out server." I tried multiple times afterwards but I still get the same message. I checked my settings, and I have both DNS and DHCP clicked to on, and they both display numbers (not all zeros).

Does anyone have any suggestions?
If you got that far on the update your internet settings are correct in the player; it sounds like either your internet provider's or Toshiba's servers just had a hiccup. I would just try it again.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:09 PM

Well i received the update cd today. i updated the A2 and now everything is fixed. thanks alot for your help cochiseguy )