Matrix issues on 360 hd dvd - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-24-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Matrix issues on 360 hd dvd

Today i popped in the First Matrix film and with in 15 minutes, i started to see weird freeze ups of the film, it happened alot so much so that my 360 hd dvd stopped the film and gave me a message saying my the content i am watching is licensed.

i re-started the film where it stopped and the freeze ups started again. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem when watching this on the 360 hd dvd drive and or if this had happened on the regular hd players? I didn't watch reloaded or revolutions, but i will soon.

If there is no problems im going to exchange this for a new one, or i am going to ask the sales people at best buy to play my disc in their hd dvd player.

any info on this would be awesome.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Matrix freezing on 360 HD DVD.

Today i popped in the First Matrix film and with in 15 minutes, i started to see weird freeze ups of the film, it happened alot so much so that my 360 hd dvd stopped the film and gave me a message saying my the content i am watching is licensed.

i re-started the film where it stopped and the freeze ups started again. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem when watching this on the 360 hd dvd drive and or if this had happened on the regular hd players? I didn't watch reloaded or revolutions, but i will soon.

If there is no problems im going to exchange this for a new one, or i am going to ask the sales people at best buy to play my disc in their hd dvd player.

any info on this would be awesome.

sorry about the multiple post, i didn't realize there is a 360 hd dvd topic, im new to the forums lol
Old 05-24-2007, 10:34 PM

Ive had that problem lately with almost any movie, but once I rewind and let it play again it passes.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:45 PM

no problem here... watched the matrix and reloaded without a problem
Old 05-25-2007, 02:34 AM

Watched the first disk and had no prolems. Will leave my findings on the other disks when I have finished watching them.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:13 AM

must be a bad matrix copy since i've watched all of the movies and they are probably the best quality i've seen, no freezeups, just perfect
Old 05-25-2007, 07:24 AM

The freeze-ups could be NEO trying to get contact you!

Anyway, I watched all 3 movies and had no problems at all.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:13 AM

man I hope I have no problems on my HD-DVD add-on as well. Could be a bad set you got there.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:54 AM

Ok guys Why post without doing a research first. The BD fanbois are waiting for the minimal error to start saying that HD DVD is this and that. Watch the complete trilogy and then give your imput, I have not problem with my set whatsoever, Most of the people I know with the 360 add on are doing fine.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:18 AM

I have the 360 add-on and the matrix trilogy and it works flawlessly. I love it.

The clarity is so high you can count the pock marks on Fishburns face.

One downside I've noticed about HD is that when things are so much clearer it's easier to see what is exactly a special effect and what is real. I remember watching the Matrix movies in the theater and thinking about how great it looked and seeing it on HDDVD and thinking "man, thats an old special effect".

I give it a 4.9 / 5