HD DVD Lens Cleaner? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 56
Default HD DVD Lens Cleaner?

Not actually sure on this one - can I use my Maxxell DVD lens leaner on my A30 or do I need another one (like for a Blu Ray)?

Thanks
Mark
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-23-2009, 09:52 PM
unam9's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santora View Post
Not actually sure on this one - can I use my Maxxell DVD lens leaner on my A30 or do I need another one (like for a Blu Ray)?

Thanks
Mark
Do not use any cleaner that has brushes or chemicals on it. The laser lens for Hd DVD players and Bly Ray players are very delicate and I have heard some stories of uncalalibrated lasesrs because they use these types of cleaners. I went ahead and got the one that Amazon has for these type of players and it has worked just fine for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-BR-LC-B...7859409&sr=8-1
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unam9 View Post
Do not use any cleaner that has brushes or chemicals on it. The laser lens for Hd DVD players and Bly Ray players are very delicate and I have heard some stories of uncalalibrated lasesrs because they use these types of cleaners. I went ahead and got the one that Amazon has for these type of players and it has worked just fine for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-BR-LC-B...7859409&sr=8-1
that's the one I was looking at. Cant find it locally though... Will have to order it through Amazon.

Thanks
Mark
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Blackshield's Avatar
Formerly peterhefer1
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,188
Default

check Best buy, I'm in Canada however but saw it at my local best buy a few weeks ago.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unam9 View Post
Do not use any cleaner that has brushes or chemicals on it. The laser lens for Hd DVD players and Bly Ray players are very delicate and I have heard some stories of uncalalibrated lasesrs because they use these types of cleaners. I went ahead and got the one that Amazon has for these type of players and it has worked just fine for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-BR-LC-B...7859409&sr=8-1
"Wind Funnel cleaning technology uses no harsh chemicals or brushes"

Wouldn't compressed air do the same thing? It's really dusty where I am in southern Arizona. Part of my Spring Cleaning routine is to take my PC, AV receiver & players out on the porch, remove the covers, and hit them with compressed air to clean out the dust.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-03-2009, 06:46 PM
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 163
Default

My XA2 isn't loading discs. I've cleared persitant storage and intilaized it. Has anyone opened one up and cleaned the laser lens with a qtip and alcohol?
Bad idea? I know to be gentle....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Rich86's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
My XA2 isn't loading discs. I've cleared persitant storage and intilaized it. Has anyone opened one up and cleaned the laser lens with a qtip and alcohol?
Bad idea? I know to be gentle....
I've used that method on cd players with success, but have never had to try it on a dvd or high def player. You might try a can of compressed air carefully aimed in the area of the lens before resorting to opening up the player. But if the lens is out of alignment, cleaning isn't going to help.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PC Gamings savior arrives: STREET CLEANER SIM IS HERE!!! KTA Game Room 5 06-28-2011 10:05 AM
Cleaner Landy Blu-ray Wish Lists 0 08-16-2010 11:16 AM
I'm looking for a new LCD display cleaner Cisco in HD Home Theater Gear 8 12-28-2008 03:46 PM
Using a lens cleaner on PS3. RandellG Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 1 09-05-2008 10:55 PM
IGN: "2K taking full advantage of PS3 to pack in cleaner high resolution textures." BrendonL Gaming Smackdown 6 08-07-2008 05:48 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off