I'm fed up with US sales offers - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-20-2007, 02:27 AM

Default I'm fed up with US sales offers

OK, abit harsh but...
I'm really fed up with these sales offers just extending to US only. Like $100 off HD-DVD players, 5 free HD-dvd's with every Player etc...
I live in Sweden. I want to see offers. Like that in EU.
But to be honest, it is hard enough just buying a HD-dvd player. Without waiting nearly a month and paying twice what they pay in the US.

So, why is this?

It's not numbers, EU has a large population.

Maybe Tosh just don't give a crap about us in Europe to make a real attempt. But we are sleeping giants, and should be seen as such. There is a huge market here. One that could help decide this war.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:32 AM

Toshiba may just be testing the US market first to see what kind of an impact the promos make on sales. Should they be successful the deals may be offered in more countries. Besides, the US is probably one of the most evenly split regions between HD DVD and Blu-Ray, so I'm sure that's a huge factor.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:30 AM

Lets look at this from the glass is half full prospective. Get a group of your friends to buy HD DVD players and discs through you, and you could finance a free vacation to the U.S.A. with the savings
Old 05-20-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
Lets look at this from the glass is half full prospective. Get a group of your friends to buy HD DVD players and discs through you, and you could finance a free vacation to the U.S.A. with the savings
Thats an interesting idea.
I'm suprised no one has actually started doing this.