Why does the UK not get combo HD DVD/DVD versions? - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 08:18 AM

Default Why does the UK not get combo HD DVD/DVD versions?

Why does the UK not get dual hd dvd/dvd discs?

Alot of the reviews I read on this website about hd dvd, show the discs to be combo hd dvd and dvd. Yet when I look at them or buy them from online shops like play.com they are only hd dvd.

Why is the US getting combo discs while the UK doesnt?

I would have assumed a company would only release either a combo version, or a hd dvd stand alone version. But they seem to be releasing different versions.

When I bought superman returns, after reading all the reviews and seeing it laballed as combo disc on websites such as this, I was disapointed when I recieved a copy from play.com that was only hd-dvd.

I hadnt thought to check play.com because I automatically assumed all version would be the same. I always rang to complain, until I realised the UK version is only hd dvd.

Ive seen several hd dvd eleases now that are labelled as combo on this website, yet are only hd dvd in the uk shops.

Why is this?
Old 05-17-2007, 11:34 AM

Started thread with same topic elsewhere.
Closed Thread