A fix for Playback Issues on 360 Add-on that worked for me! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-16-2007, 08:18 PM

Default A fix for Playback Issues on 360 Add-on that worked for me!

Ok first off this is for people who have had trouble loading or freezing with there 360 HD-DVD player Add-on - I own CoM and other univeral flipper discs and they all work amazingly after doing the following:

Here it is step-by-step:
- Turn on Xbox
- Place HD-DVD in the Add-on
- Let it try to load or until a error occurs or load and is laggy - just basically let it do its thing
- than turn off your xbox with the HD-DVD still inside
- Wait 10 seconds or so
- Then with your univeral remote or xbox controler turn on the xbox and immidiately after turning it on press and hold the "A" button
- Keep holding all the way until the Xbox 360 logo plays, and keep holding untill it loads the disc all the way to the menu of the HD-DVD (You might be holding it for a minute till this happens at the Xbox 360 logo screen, but keep hanging in there and have faith)

IF you do this correctly it should work - cuz i had freezing issues and it worked for me and i have never had problems (if i did have the same issues i just do this again and it works fine)

I found this technique when i saw that my Oblivion game was getting really laggy and the xbox was slowing down in loading everything - so i searched google on how to fix this and somebody said that holding the A button when turning on the xbox with the "SAID issue disc" inside would clear the disc cache or whatever and would help load everything properly again - eversince then my Oblivion game plays flawlessly!

So when i ran into this HD-DVD problem i decided to see if this trick would work here and it did! SO i thought i should share it with you guys

Now i don't know the exact details of why this works or anything about the technical issues regarding this trick i just know it worked for me many times and still does - so do a google search if your really curious - but i just thought maybe this would help people having issues with the playback and thought i should just share this

Try it out and tell me if it works for you guys - if it does great - if it doesn't then at least i tried and im sorry - Im also sorry if this has been said before i didn't see it here so i thought i should post it

*If this is not in the right forum please move, sorry (i wasn't a 100% sure where to put it)

EDIT: Sorry just saw the 360 HD-DVD add-on forum - can someone please move this there? That would be great and my mistake for putting it here!

Last edited by Ron_M; 05-16-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:33 AM

Good info, thanks! I for one never had any problems with any Universal discs on my 360, and I tried quite a few. But I get tired of hearing about problems that other people encounter so it is cool if there is a potential workaround.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:00 AM

the only issue I have with the add-on is sometimes the xbox dashboard wont recognize there's a disk in the drive. I'll open the tray and close it again....nothing. I'll turn the system off and back on and it usually fires right up.

well, I'm off to go watch Batman Begins again...love that movie.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:35 AM

What you are doing with the 'hold A' trick, is clearing the cache on the Xbox... basically, you are getting rid of all the info that is 'stored' when you play a game. The 360 does this so that maps will load faster (it's like your temporary internet files on your computer)...

I'm assuming that with this cache emptied, the 360 has more resources to devote to the disc... more error correction space, more processor power... more everything.

Good find.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:02 PM

^^Yeah thats what i was told too

Its good cuz i only bascially did it once or twice and now i never have to do it cuz everything works perfect