Secure HDCP link lost with Transformers, not with others - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-15-2009, 10:32 AM

Default Secure HDCP link lost with Transformers, not with others

I'm playing HD DVDs on the Xbox 360 add-on, connected via HDMI at 1080p on a 4 year-old LG LCD. The LG is old enough that it has some HDCP handshaking problems occasionally, but it's been fine so far with the 360.

Playing Transformers, though, results in signal blackout every 15-20 seconds, followed by a little Xbox popup stating "Secure HDCP Link Lost," followed shortly by the return of the picture and "Secure HDCP Link Restored."

Could I be hitting the bandwidth limit of my HDMI cable, causing HDCP to get bumped? Is the excellent Transformers transfer sending more info over the HDMI cable than, say, I Am Legend (which doesn't have any issues)? I can't figure out any other reason why HDCP would only flip out on this one title.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:39 PM

Sounds like a handshaking issue in the copy protection. Try hooking up the component cables that came with the XBox just to test and see if you get the same issue. If it plays fine, then its a handshaking issue and could be your tv/cable/xbox, most likely the tv. One other thing I've heard is sometimes handshaking issues on the XBox 360 can be worked around by plugging into hdmi port 1 on the tv.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:27 PM

Thanks. I picked up a Toshiba A3 at Circuit City's liquidation for $35 (why'd they still have it, right?) and the Transformers disc works fine. Guess I'll be setting the 360 drive aside for now.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:00 AM

i searched everywhere regarding this issue. i got transformers when it was first released. played on the 360 fine through component. i just updated my 360 with the NXE update a few months ago and just yesterday got a new tv LG 47LG70. connected via HDMI, it exhibits the dropouts once every 5-10 min.

apparently this is an issue after the NXE update because i found a thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox-...problem-2.html that talks about this specific thing. it's only isolated to transformers and a few other discs. only option now is go component and 1080i or buy a blu-ray copy