Need Help! Problems with my new blu ray player (Insignia NS-2BRDVD) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-26-2008, 01:43 PM

Default Need Help! Problems with my new blu ray player (Insignia NS-2BRDVD)

I just go this player for Chirstmas. An Insignia NS-2BRDVD. I just plugged it in today. I am well aware that my TV (an RCA, LCD screen, not aware of brand name but it is a few years old) can go up to a 1080i resolution, as I am an Xbox 360 owner. However when I set the resolution to 1080i, or anything other that 720p, my picture is in black and white and not in color. Are there any possible fixes for this problem?
Old 12-26-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al323211 View Post
I just go this player for Chirstmas. An Insignia NS-2BRDVD. I just plugged it in today. I am well aware that my TV (an RCA, LCD screen, not aware of brand name but it is a few years old) can go up to a 1080i resolution, as I am an Xbox 360 owner. However when I set the resolution to 1080i, or anything other that 720p, my picture is in black and white and not in color. Are there any possible fixes for this problem?
Um, wrong forum. Not giving you crap its just the blu forum will get more readers who are familiar the various blu players.

I'm not familiar with the Insignia but from the way it sounds you could have a defective player. Maybe a bad a HDMI cable or composite cable.
Maybe the TV has a problem, not accepting the signal for whatever reason. If you could list your tv model and receiver if you're running through one, it may help trouble shoot.
other wise (to me) it sounds like defective player problem. which should be as easy as exchanging it with the store or contacting the manufacturer for the warranty .
Old 12-26-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al323211 View Post
I think I found the problem it's righ there --------> Insignia NS-2BRDVD
Old 12-30-2008, 01:20 PM

Really dude? Are you that insecure or in to increase your post count that you find bashing someone else's equipment satisfying? At the same time I am posting this I'll apologize a little bit for calling you out, as you are cetainly not the only one guilty of this behavior, but I have come across numerous posts on this forum lately where someone is asking for help and is met with this type of bashing of their equipment. If this forum is to continue to serve as a good source of information for folks, then this behavior simply has no place here. OK, rant over

To the OP, in partial defense of focus's comments I do believe there may be some credence to asking how long you have had the player and if you are open to potentially returning it in lieu of a more expensive, but more reliable player. I am all too aware that many of us work to specific budgets, but I think most folks here will tend to suggest that you consider spending closer to $169 for some of the other budget priced players available from big box stores that are considered more reliable and of a higher build quality. There has been a good bit of online ranting about problems with the insignia player. Some of this I attribute to the rebranded player causing skepticism that may or may not be warranted, but much of it is point specific to hardware failures and intitial build quality issues.

Regardless, the issue you're having sounds like a hardware issue with the player, and unless someone can offer another possible cause for it, I would go ahead and take the player back to BB for a replacement, whether that be the same player or an upgrade.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:53 AM

Just to make sure...you're not trying to watch Casablanca are you?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:00 PM

I wouldn't worry about it since your TV has a 720 native resolution you can't actually get any benefit from setting it to 1080; you can't add what isn't there. Also the progressive setting will give a better image as well. I have a 720p display and I've played around a lot trying to see if 1080i is any better and in most cases its worse, and in others, as good.